Wowzers, I have been so busy lately I have neglected blogging. How am I even going to remember all the things that have been going on if I don't blog!! This morning I was driving to the Pollak's to babysit all day like I do every Thursday and so many things on my drive were reminding me of how cool God is and I couldn't wait to share! The first thing I saw was the coolest blanket of clouds! It was literally like God was pulling back a blanket of clouds over the earth this morning and saying wake up!! The next thing He wanted me to see was ONE white cow amidst a batch of normal looking cows! This one was mostly white, but it looked like someone had taken a small sharpie and tried to draw spots on it's side. It ended up looking like a few Dalmatian spots in the shape of an official seal on the side of him. I also love this time of year when random tree's or branches turn red before all the others! I love it!.
So you may be wondering what else has been up with me. I have been soooo busy! I'm exhausted. Warn out. Since I'm soo tired, I'm gonna write in simple paragraphs.
3 Weekends Ago:
Nick went home to Ohio to see Joe. He was visiting from Colorado, so since he left on Thursday and I had to work til Friday, I went home to Canada. I helped my mom do my little cousin's first photo shoot. I went to Gospel Text, I relaxed and went to Church at home... it was wonderful!
2 Weekends Ago:
Nick, his mom and his brother ran a Warrior Dash. Nick beat his mom by 3 minutes. It's a 4 mile race with lots of obstacles in it! Including jumping over fire, climbing rope walls, swimming through water and through a mud pit and lots more!
Nicks: 51:42 342nd out of 773 men in his age group, 248/11,000 over all
Marilyn: 54:54. 28th out of 236 in her age group of women, 3232/11, 000 over all
Randy: 47:34 323 out of 1351 men in his age group , 1582/11,000 over all
That weekend we also go to spend some time with Eric and Rhoda. We hung out at their new Condoish Apartment! They are getting married 1 month from today! We watched our newest favourite movie!! You must watch Arthur it is sooo funny. Last night Nick and I were laying in bed quoting that movie!
This past weekend.
I had to work on Saturday so we didn't go anywhere. We hung out with Tyler and Adam/Cheryl lots. I have been hanging out with Cheryl a lot. We've done some Dance Praise, a Christian version of DDR. We've gone to Steak and Shake, and baked and played on Pinterest. Since we were home this weekend we also went to Church where we were announced as official member of the church! Yeah.
Pinterest.
Pinterest is a new phenomenon of a website that lets you post images from websites into categories so that you can find them easily later. I have a been loving the site! I have gotten so many cool ideas and have already made some of the craft idea's I have found on there. If you want to be invited to the site let me know because you have to be invited. I have also gotten a lot of really great decorating ideas and have found some cool future home plans! It's basically been taking up all my spare time!
3 Weeks ago.
Choir started up 3 weeks ago. We have already started working on the Christmas Cantata and I have it almost all memorized already! Nick even asked on one of our long drives somewhere if we could listen to Christmas music!!! Love it!
2 Weeks ago
2 Weeks ago, I was there was potential for me to get a $1.20 raise at work due to a job title change that home office was making me do, plus I was due for my yearly review so add another 40 cents to that and i was going to be a happy girl! Then the store manager told me I was going to get the $1.20.Then a few days later they told me that home office wasn't going to let me have the $1.20 raise. So I went from getting almost a $2 raise to only $0.40 and that should still be exciting but comparatively, it sucks! So I have had a slight bad attitude towards work lately. Also all the Students have come back so I've added training new interns to my job description which isn't a good idea when I'm already frustrated....
Last week:
Last week here at the Pollak household, Jennie's uncle was here and was working his butt off to get a lot of their construction done. They are turning the 1 car garage into a new play room for the babies and they built in the front porch to expand the dinning area! The have all of the new rooms open from the inside, drywall up and the carpet comes tomorrow! They are planning on painting tonight. Last week her uncle cut the huge hole in the wall for the entrance to the new room!! It was exciting. Brennan also too 2 steps for me last week!!
Yesterday:
My mom ordered a bed spread for the new guest room they're building in the basement. So she had to come to the USA to pick it up. I had worked the previous Saturday so I got 2 half days off. Half a day yesterday and half a day tomorrow. Anyways yesterday was wonderful. I got to spend some time with my mom shopping and goofing off. We spent some time in downtown Ann Arbor. I have wanted my family to get to experience it! Sometimes I wish I could do a semester there!
Today:
Today I'm babysitting again, but I'm staying later than usual. Brennan is taking about 5 steps and its soo fun! When I got here, he had poop smeared all over his body, including face and hair. He took a bath. Brooke that it looked fun so she had one too.
Tomorrow:
Tomorrow I am working a half day, then driving to Ohio to then ride to West Virginia with a bunch of girls, only 1 of whom I really know... for the purpose of her bachelorette weekend! It should be fun and random and different and hopefully relaxing too!
Saturday:
Sadly, since I'll be in West Virginia, I won't be able to join in the festivities, but it is the babies 2nd BIRTHDAY!!! Can you even believe it!! It's been 2 years since Jennie went into labour too soon! 2 years since these miracle lives began to breath on this earth! How great is our God! Brennan and Brooke are walking by their 2nd birthday! According to medicine, they probably shouldn't have even lived! Way to go!!!
On-going:
Amidst all of this business, we have been trying to figure out our future lives. We're working on some big changes. Nicks job just informed him his hours are changing again and they suck so we'll be trying to make the changes even more urgently now! Our changes all hinge on other people of course so I'm constantly waiting on others before we can make plans.
I think that may be all for now, but who knows I may think of something else that I forgot about, like the 2nd one of my child friends having a baby!
Oh and that Nicks Grandma was in the hospital with breathing issues, and is now needing round the clock care by loved ones! So that sucks.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




love pinterest! Best site ever! Glad you found it!
ReplyDeletewow, that is quite the comprehensive post of your life. :) I liked reading it. I figured you must be pretty busy lately. I'm glad most of it is for good reasons--getting to see family, choir practice, hanging out more with Cheryl...and now going on a girls getaway. Cool!
ReplyDelete