Sunday, November 6, 2011

www.WorthTheWait...BigAnnoucementAtBottom.com

Oh My Goodness, I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged! I don't even know how I can begin to sum up everything that has been going on in the last month. We've been soo busy.

(keep reading there's big news at the bottom....)

Every weekend minus 2 for the last 3 months we have been gone somewhere. Most often to Ohio, some to Canada. Even the weekends that I had to work, Nick probably went to Ohio. It has been wonderful to see our families and friends so much; to be able to participate in so many events, however we are exhausted.

The last month, a lot of the weekends in the past month have been to Ohio for the wedding festivities of Rhoda and Eric Flickinger! I was there one weekend to travel to West Virginia for a weekend with the bridesmaids and then the following weekend Nick went for the bachelor party. 
this is the "hunter's" cabin we spent the weekend in

we hiked up the side of a very muddy "mountain"




we swung from a vine in the woods!
this is me in some horse's house...
this is me at the bottom of the mountain on the way up!
 Then of course we were there the weekend that they finally said "I do" after 5+years of dating! It was a quick and simple ceremony, with pretty flowers, bright blue dresses and tux vests! Nick and I look pretty cute if I can say so.
The newlyweds and the not-so-newlyweds!
Rhoda made our jewelry! Isn't it great!

Michael came to visit one weekend, the weekend of the bachelor party I think because Nick was here Friday night and the 3 of us went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner where Michael had the best steak ever! Then we picked up Cheryl and went to Pinball Pete's, a really cool arcade and then out to Ben and Jerry's for Ice Cream.  My mom came for a day too, sometime in the last month-ish, and we went shopping for half a day! She was picking up bedding for the new guest bedroom that they've built into the basement! 
the boys shooting things
Somewhere in there was Canadian Thanksgiving!
Yum!!! I made the maple leaf from twigs!

It was wonderful to hang out with my family, and it was such a gorgeous day!
The whole family hung out outside and played and held the multitudes of babies!
my adorable husband "planked" in my front yard!
Michael found a Praying Mantis in our backyard!
We turned the window boxes into a fall/winter version! (thanks Pinterest!)

I made a new friend... my cousin who married a duet last year inherited a daughter whom I haven't spent a lot of time with but she fell in love with me that weekend.
this is the sweetheart who fell in love with me!

Nick and I went apple picking pre-Thanksgiving dinner, so that I could make the most delicious apple sandwiches which were a hit!
I love these fields!!
At the Apple Orchard there were kittens for free, our hearts fell in love!

The picture is how many I made and they were all eaten by the time everyone left. There were a few people that at 6 each! That is insane! They were really good though!

Another set of cousins of mine let us hold their adorable little boy! I was also home one weekend for his "newborn photo shoot"... here are some pics of us holding him and his photo shoot:

I made the stars!!!
heart... melting....

Hmm what else have we been up to? During the week we've been going to Choir Practice! We're all ready for the Christmas Cantata which is December 9th and 10th I believe.


I've been baby sitting my babies, whom I love soo much! They are growing and changing! Every week they hit new milestones! Brooklyn is running now! I love chasing her in circles! Brennan is taking about 3-9 steps, so not quite walking but oh so close! Landon has had a rough go lately; he had his Tonsils and adenoids out then ended up having multiple seizures, lasting over an hour and spent a few nights in the hospital. He is working on sitting up in seats that force him to do more work and is improving so that is exciting!! Hailey is in Kindergarten now and is just growing up to fast! Nich & Jennie have done major construction on their home, turning the garage into a play room! It's wonderful to have a specific place for all the toys!
not necessarily the cutest picture of Brooklyn, but the most recent!
I added Hailey to the mix last week and I was proud of myself for taking care of all 4 of them so I made them sit at the table for lunch!


As for us, we have big news. Nick has been accepted to both schools that he applied to, and has accepted the offer to go to Denver Seminary. Over the summer, Nick started to feel that he was being called to do something more than what he was doing. He felt that seminary was the right place for him. We talked about it a lot together, we even missed our exit on the way 'home' one day because we were so deep in conversation. He's going to get his Master's of Divinity, concentrating in Youth and Family Ministry, (that concentration changes frequently so don't count that that to be what he graduates with). We will be moving to Littleton, Colorado mid January! How exciting right!? It is a bit scary and it will be very hard to leave our families, and our friends, but it will be wonderful to start our life over somewhere were there is nothing close by to pull us away from where we're trying to live. I hope that makes sense. We want to get involved in a church during the week, and go to the same church on the weekends. My brother said it best: "{we} don't own a house, {we} don't have kid's, {we} hate our jobs. Why shouldn't {we} go now?"

4 comments:

  1. wow, quite an update! cool that your parents are finishing another guest room--so fun! I'm sure it looks great.

    It's so hard to believe you're moving to Colorado! Too bad Nick could come to Northeastern Seminary and you guys could have been our neighbors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys! Colorado is so beautiful! You'll love it and I'm sure you'll be blessed many times over for following God's direction in your lives. My sister in law, Valerie, lives in the north part of Colorado Springs. It's about an hour from where you are but if you're ever looking for someone to hook up with, let me know and I'll get you her contact information. Next time we go out to see her, I will let you know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha my profile picture was taken in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such exciting news! So excited to see the new adventure God takes you on.. I was wondering where you had been the past month.. Thanks for catching me up.. Looks like you have been super busy with family and friends! Soak it up... Are you listening to Christmas music yet?

    ReplyDelete