Wednesday, January 8, 2014

www.ChristmasInCanada/Ohio2013in2014-Part-2.com


Read here for details on our flight through New Years Eve: Part pre-1

and then read here for the Canada Part of our Christmas Vacation home: Part 1

We arrived at Nick's parents house in Ohio at 1:30am......We flew through the border with no problems, stopped 2x on the Turnpike, once for a stretch and a bathroom break and once for gas. Nick's dad was awake and waiting for us and his mom got out of bed too! We talked for maybe 20 minutes and then went to bed!

 



 
Nick found these boxing gloves in the pile of stuff for a garage sale and wouldn't let his mom sell them!
Saturday we got up and had breakfast, and visited. Steph and Randy came over early afternoon and we opened gifts!

When Steph asked what I wanted for Christmas I said I would really love to work on my winter business professional wardrobe, and said I was really liking long tunic like sweaters to be worn with leggings... I opened this suitcase (which she let me have to take everything back in) FULL of clothes she picked up at her favourite thrift store!!

 

This outfit is from MomE!! Love it! (wearing it right now actually!)
LOVE these boots she also got me!
The boys played with nerf guns!
**note - Mom is not a good shield when you shoot her too!

Nick was trapping her outside in the cold garage
Then we had ribs/chicken/scalloped potatoes for dinner and....




 .....played Nick's new game: Lords of Waterdeep. Steph and Nick were 2 points away from each other!! Close game!

Looked through Randy and Steph's pictures from Italy till 11:30 and then they went home for the night!

Sunday we got up and went to church - I got to see Clare and we got to chat with Pastor Mark (who married us)!! Then we went to Nick's favourite place in the world: Ming Hing for Lunch Buffet!.

Then back home where we met Steph and Randy again. We did a family photo-shoot......







I LOVE that the re-enacted this photo!



  and then went bowling as a family!!

This was taken after my first Strike of the day!

GIRLS won the first round!!!
but then Lil' Randy bowled a 202 and they won every game after that!




We stopped in at their house too see the latest improvements and pet their kitty's!

Ross showed up at 7:04, and the Flickingers  showed up just before 8 and we chatted and then played Lords of Waterdeep again, the Rhoda and I chatted upstairs while I attempted to pack all the clothes I'd received for Christmas!!



Monday was relaxing at home, we got Pizza for lunch and then headed to the airport to fly home. The flight was only delayed 10 minutes which is lucky considering the deep freeze/winter storm was cancelling flights all across the USA. We got in on time, but then sat on the TarMack for 45 minutes and then waited for like an hour for our bags. Tyler was supposed to get in a 6:45 on 5 minutes after us, but his flight was delayed 2 hours. Ben who was picking the 3 of us up sat waiting for a long time!! Poor guy! We had our bags 30 minutes before Tyler was to arrive, so Ben drove us to the new Cell Phone Lot and we bought him dinner and then turned around and went back for Tyler. Instead of picking up Lily after 10pm from Justine's I got her the next day after work!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time! Im so jealous of that stack of clothing you have! I need more professional clothing too.

    ReplyDelete