Sunday, February 13, 2011

www.disappointed.com

How do you deal with rejection? I anxiously waited to hear back about this interview that I had done, so much so that I literally was making my body sick. Then yesterday, the wait was over... I had heard the news that I didn't want to hear. Minutes after getting the lame one-liner e-mail, I had to go to work for a couple hours on my day off. So right away my Saturday sucked! I went to work and I was given responsibilities for the day that fit with my needs, I could work on my own at a task that made me feel important, and I didn't have to deal with customers or other people. I left work at 1:30 and came home to finally deal with my emotions. Exhaustion took over and I took a 3 hour nap instead. Since then I have been in a funk... I have spent several hours in tears.... I know it's lame, but I really wanted this job.

Three years, it has been 3 years since I started this job search using my degree! 3 years and I'm still working for Wal-mart! What is wrong with this world? Not only am I disappointed with the world, but the rejection hurts... it makes me feel like I'm a failure.

2 comments:

  1. It's not lame at all that you feel this way. It is a HUGE disappointment and feeling like a failure is exactly how I would feel too. I am praying Jesus' love and grace on you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I know it's not what you want to hear, but it just means that something is coming and it's going to be even better. God has something else for you--don't forget that. We'll be praying that you get the "perfect" job and that you continue to seek God's will!

    ReplyDelete