Well the circle of life is complete again.
Yesterday at work my favourite patient called to tell me that his wife had passed away from a long battle with cancer. She fought hard. She was in remission for 1 day when they found more cancer. She lived every day to the best of her ability. She was soo sweet. He was soo wonderful, such a loving husband. He wanted us to know because we were part of the family. (It's sad when you your pharmacist and tech become a part of your family). However we did everything in our power to help them out. We were birthday buddies, her and I. He tried to throw her a surprise party this year, but she was too weak and the morning of, she told him she didn't think she could handle it. When she became to weak to come into the pharmacy we would go out to the car to say hi.
He came into the club today and I got to give him 3 hugs. I needed them, but I think he did too. He told me that he finds himself bursting into tears randomly and I told him that it was ok. He is allowed to do that. He informed me that all their kids got to spend with her in her last day or 2. He told me she looked soo pretty. I will miss her greatly, but she's not suffering anymore, and he's still gonna come see us.
The circle continues. This morning at 6:30am our home phone rang and we ignored it, then it rang again right away and so I got up and answered it, I always think the worst but considering that I had 2 cousins who are carrying fully cooked babies, I should have suspected. Markie and Krystal welcomed their first baby into the world. His name is Dominick Michael Knight. He will be called Nick. :o) He's pretty darn cute! I'm sooo excited for them!
I have another cousin who was in my bridal party. Her due date was today also! She is expecting a little girl so I'm excited to soon announce that new arrival!!! Can't wait to find out her name!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago







Congrats on the new baby. Very sorry for your loss. Such bittersweet emotions.. Praying for you and the husband.. How sad he must feel... Love you friend!
ReplyDelete