Friday, April 27, 2012

www.newJob=Exhaustion.com

Wow, it has been a crazy couple weeks! Since the hike 3 weeks ago already, I finished up my last week at Sam's Club, working 3 days there and then beginning initial training with Chick-fil-A.

The following 2 weeks have been intense training on every aspect of the job. I am so THANKFUL for Sarah and Lauren for realizing the learning curve and allowing me to be trained by my successor for so long. Without Sarah, I would have struggled to do well at this job for a long time, however she has taught me so much and given me so many tools to start off strong and keep running.

I have been so tired though, that I have been completely useless at home. I sit on the couch the minute I get home and stay they until I fall asleep and Nick carries me to bed. I ran my first event last Saturday morning. It was simple and a great way to start. It's an event Sarah started, where we just get out games for the kids to take to their table like card games, monkey's in a barrel, colouring pages etc. If they arrive in their PJ's they get a free 3-piece Chick'N Mini.... which is by far the best item on the breakfast menu!



I am in the planning process of my first Emotional Connection Event! It's called Girls Night Out. Most of our events are targeted at young families. I believe this event will bring girls from 2-13 easily! We've been in discussion with a professional photographer to come photograph the event for free. (We've given them 1000 free chicken sandwich coupons to put in their Senior Picture Packets). I have begun collecting Boa's, Tiara's, Pearls, etc. It shall be a great photo-booth, glamour night! I have also been in discussion with Bath and Body Works about donating samples of a new foam sparkle lotion thing that I know little girls will just love, and I've spoken with Kohls, about donating coupons or samples of perfume or something... I will continue to per-sue the nail/hair salons in the area! Should be a great event!

Last night, along with 2 other Chick-fil-A's worked an event called Taste of the West. It was for restaurants or organizations like hotels, that serve food, sampled off food for the community! It was held in a ballroom and we fed hundreds of people for 3 hours straight! It was fun and tiring, but I kicked butt! We served our famous Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Brand New Fudge Brownie's, and Our equally famous Fresh Squeezed Daily Lemonade! I gave away more samples of the chicken salad sandwich than the other 3 RMD (Restaurant Marketing Directors) that have been doing this along time! Thank you Sam's Club for teaching me how to push things into peoples hands that don't particularly want it! 

Tonight, we have the Spring Gala that Denver Seminary is putting on. It is at a Country Club, and I have no idea what I'm wearing yet! It depends on what we get for Nick today, and I'm supposed to go pick him up now from school! So I'm off, but I wanted to get an update out there!

Remind me to write about the rest of my life later....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you new job is challenging and rewarding! I cannot wait to see pictures of the Gala! Keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete