We are officially in our mid to late 20's now. My brother turn 25 on Tuesday of this past week, Thursday I hit a whoppin' 26 and just hours ago Nick turned 25 also.
After a few days of cool age differences, we're all back to normal. For 2 days my brother and I are the same age, and for 3 days I am 2 years older than Nick.
For my birthday, Nick and I took half the day off for celebration purposes. We drove over to Boulder and climbed a 6150 foot flat iron. It's crazy when you look at the mountain because it is straight up and looks like there is no way to actually climb up it! There are a lot of switch backs, and one really awesome section of rocks. I know this seems to "duh" ish, but the higher up you get, it just gets more and more gorgeous. when your getting tired and want to turn around, you have to keep that in mind. Besides how would you know what is on the other side of the first mountain range if you don't go all the way to the top? When we got to the top we could see the beautiful snow capped mountains that we couldn't see anywhere else the whole way up. Only those who continue on to the summit, get that reward. We sat on some rocks and just enjoyed the view for a while before beginning our much quicker ascent.
Nick had been so good, and printed out directions to the local Boulder Olive Garden, but we both agreed that even with the nice clothes we brought to change into, that we would rather shower and get the mountain dust off first. So we drove back home, showered and ten went Olive Garden here. Instead of business casual, I actually wore a fancyish dress, which made it seem more special date-ish. We had lots of gift cards for there so our birthday date was really free except for gas to Boulder.
Today, is Nicks birthday. Which sort of sucks, because well he only has 5 days left of his first semester of Seminary which means he has 10 page papers due and final exams etc. he was so gracious enough to work his butt off for me, o we could do something on my birthday and sacrifice his birthday to homework.
However, we have still been able to celebrate a little. Last night, at midnight we met Spencer at Denny's. Nick found online that you get a free Grand Slam when it's your birthday. He spent the 1st 5 minutes of his birthday, throwing a Frisbee in a parking lot! Nothin better in his mind! If he gets his paper written before 6 then he gets to o play Frisbee tonight at church again.
As for gifts for each other, we bought him a plane ticket home for his brothers bachelor party, and I'm getting a fancy pantsy camera. My parents are putting money towards that, and his parents got us a 2 night stay in a mountain view resort thingy.... More on that later for sure!
We got the most precious package in the mail on Friday from the Pollak family! They sent us each a t-shirt, I got a Chick-fil-A one that Jennie got for herself too, and Nick got an Avengers one. The best part of the package though was the cards the kids made us! They are on our fridge, and like I said on Facebook are better than any store bought card. We also got picture collages of them making the cards, and a DVD of them singing and playing Happy Birthday! It was the best gift ever!
Ok I might be exaggerating, because we have gotten some amazing gifts in our lives, but this one was so special and put together by some of the most precious people in the world! We are blessed!
Now we're old and that's the way it is.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago













Love the pictures! Happy 26th! I can't believe we are in our late twenties! AHH..
ReplyDelete