Oh My... it has been a while since I have had time and energy to blog. Approximately a month, yikes!! So much has happened since then. I don't even know where to begin. I know that the week with my parents is the biggest news. Followed by a 2 night stay at Winter Park Mountain Lodge with just Nick, to celebrate our 3rd Anniversary.
So my family arrived May 19th. I worked a lot the week before getting in a lot of hours and dropping Mini-Moo's (cows) from firetrucks but I managed to clean our apartment and get it ready for 5 people to share a 1-bedroom apartment!
The day that they arrived was rainy and gross! Off all the days we've lived in CO we had had about 3 rain showers, and they day they arrive it was an all day event! Not cool! I had been looking forward and dreaming of their first view of these mountains since we moved here. So they didn't end up seeing any mountains until the next day. We made the most of day one though, starting with their 2nd breakfast of the day at Snooze, an AM Eatery that was so busy we had to wait at 7:45am. The plan was to spend the day in Denver, then go for a walk on the trail to Denver Seminary.
So much for plans. The day before they arrived is the day that my 20 year old car decided that it's Radiator needed to be replaced. Thank goodness my dad had warned me that it was on the fritz and would probably need to be replaced this Spring.... he was sooo right on! He's one awesome mechanic. Therefore I was emotionally/financially prepared for it, just not emotionally prepared for it to happen the day before my parents came.
Due to the rain, and the exhaustion of those who had to be up at 3am for their flight - we shoved all 5 of us into Nick's car to go to what they would call home for the next 8 days. After the official tour, 3 of the 5 of us were out cold all over the living room. Mom was fighting to stay away, but Nick, Dad & Michael let the snoring war begin!
My radiator was finished that morning, so we headed back over to Chick-fil-A to the shop that shared the same parking lot where my car was waiting for me.
But before we got to the other side of town, we stopped in at the Columbine Memorial. The weather had let up, and it was a very moving experience. There was a woman there with 2 girls who we very emotional. I think she had some close connection with someone involved.
We found a TON of Prairie Dog's!
My family enjoyed their first meal of many meals at Chick-fil-A that week! Michael and Nick drove back in his car and I took my parents in my car. They stopped at the Mall and played with the puppies at the mall pet store. We went home and watched a B&W Bing Crosby movie.
That's the majority of the details of Day 1 and the lead-up to it. More to come soon!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment