Day Five: Wednesday
I took today completely off of work so we got a great start on the day, heading down I-25 towards CO Spgs. (I pronounce that: SEE-O-Spiggs - lol). As we drove past the Airforce Academy which we were planning on stopping in at for Michael, we realized that the stadium was FULL of people. I pulled out my iPad and despite the fact that we didn't have internet, I could see the last web search I had done and found out that it was the Spring Graduation and that the guest speaker was President Obama.... therefore we decided to steer clear of that destination sadly.
So we continued on towards Pikes Peak. The beginning of the trip to the top is located in this adorable town called Manitou Springs. Nick and I had gone their before with Joe and Rochelle and fell in love with a cup of white hot chocolate at a coffee shop called Marika's. Yummm! Needless to say we went back there and I got another cup!
So we arrived at the COG Railway on time for our reservation and began our ascent up Pikes Peak. At 14,115 feet, it is one of Colorado's 54 - 14ers, but it is the only one that you can drive up all the way to the top so that's why it is so popular! The trip is 8.9 miles long and round trip lasts 3 hours and 10 minutes, the top 3 miles are all above tree line. It is mighty cold up there! The day we were there, a storm was rolling in and the wind was bad so it was intense! It was nice to have tour guide, because we learned a lot about the (aspen and bristlecone pine) trees, and waterfalls, and the stories and people that have made Pikes Peak what it is. We bought fudge at the top and donuts that are uniquely made at such a high altitude.
Once we arrived back down at a slightly more normal altitude, we traveled over to the Garden of the Gods. Where we drove around slightly lost looking for that one perfect view. It started to rain too so that kind of sucked. We still got some cool pictures though, it just wasn't the same as Nick and my first time there.
Wednesday was actually Our 3rd Anniversary! We posed with a sign that said 3 Years! That's about all we did for our anniversary! Lol!
Day Six: Thursday
It's as simple as this: I Worked ALL DAY! I think when I got home I made dinner for the fam and we all ate at my kitchen table!! That's the jist of Thursday. Mom and Dad loved the relaxing days after the busy ones though which is good because it is their vacation.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago













No comments:
Post a Comment