Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day Three & Four

Day Three: Monday

I had to be at work super early on Monday for a Delivery, which meant that I got to spend my planned work hours early in the morning and then spend the rest of the day with my family.

At about 10:30am we took off in the direction of Boulder. Today was the day, we planned on hiking the same flatiron that Nick and I did on my birthday.

However, before we got all sweaty we went to the Celestial Seasonings plant. It is the only one in the whole world, if you drink their tea, it is made there in Boulder. I had been told by multiple people that their tour was so cool. They take you into the peppermint room which is separate from all the other tea ingredients because it can seep through even the cement walls and make all other flavours taste like mint. That room is intense!

After we went there, we ate lunch at BeauJo's and had some Colorado Pizza Pie! We used that coupon for the free Pizza that I had and spent just as much money on appetizers and gelato!!

We planned to hike the same flatiron mountain because we had done it already and new what to expect. I was sooo proud of my parents. I warned them that the worst part was the hill leading up to the base of the mountain, and  that they would want to quit then but that it got easier. Breathing was hard and they did experience the desire to quit but by golly they persevered  more than I ever thought they would. I mean I wanted them both to make it to the top, but I also wanted to get them back to the bottom again. Mom ended  up running out of stamina a little over 3/4s of the way up, and dad went all the way to the very top with a tiny push at the very end! We climbed almost the entire 6000 feet! Way to go Family!!

Nick and Michael took off ahead of the other 3 of us! It was great to go at different paces, and experience the mountain and the hike in a timeline that we all appreciated! I love stopping to take pictures of the flowers and greenery along the way, my parents just loved the stopping! I took every opportunity to take a picture of any of us at any moment along the hike that people would let me!! Here are some pictures from that day!

At the bottom, on the way up!
That's where we were... way up there!
Hiking together! 
Crazy Ol' Man proving he isn't as old as his birth cert says!
This is Dad and I at the very TOP
This is the view from the top!! It's incredible!

Day Four: Tuesday

I had to work most of Tuesday...Gross. So I did that, they relaxed, drove around Littleton, shopped a bit, came to Chick-fil-A for lunch, and then when I got home from work we went to dinner at Jack n' Grill.

I can't remember which night it was that they were here, but one of them we rented "We Bought a Zoo" which I love! I want to have that little girl as my own. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it!


Don't forget to read Days 1 & 2 posts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment