0.5. Before my parents left, I forgot to post something that was super funny! So we arrived home from somewhere, and in the parking lot of our apartment - a sprinkler had broken and was shooting water straight up in the air like a fire hydrant! The funny part is that there was a line up of cars to sit under the water because it was basically a FREE car wash!!! I laughed and laughed and laughed!!!!
1. Monday right after they left, I had to be at work at 4:30am! Yuk!!! I met 5 others at Chick-fil-A and road in Ron's sweet minivan all the way to Boulder, CO. This day was the Bolder Boulder, which is a 10K race that 100 thousand people run! We as Chick-fil-A gave out 10,000 MiniMoo's, 10,000 coupons and 4,300 Chick-fil-A sandwhiches!! We had 22 cows at the event too.... pictured:
![]() |
| The Cow's actually got to run to the Finish Line! |
2. The next day, Tuesday - I threw my first Emotional Connection Event!!! Girls Night Out!! It was a success. At first it started off slow.... Lauren was scared that the other guests would be mad that there weren't enough tables for them and there were a bunch saved for the event that was a flop... but after a few moments we ended up putting the table cloths back on because we ran out of spaces at the event!! Yeah! That's a great first event!!! It all went so well - here are some pictures from the event:
![]() |
| This is Lauren and I!! |
![]() |
| One of my favourite employee's wife and daughter |
![]() |
| This is an atmosphere picture!! |
![]() |
| This is 1 of many but this little girl was just super cute! |
![]() |
| One of my favourite employee's wife and daughter |
3. Why did the Chicken Cross the Street??? To throw a pizza in our face of course!!!
4. Sunday, we went to Estes Park with Joe and Rochelle!! We went out on a paddle boat on a lake surrounded by mountains! make sure you watch it - there is a close up video of the Great-Horned Owl and her BABY!
Here's a video of our trip
5. There was a huge scary thunderstorm with Tornado warnings on Tuesday night!! There was sooo much HAIL!!
6. Littleton Block Party - I found out about this fun event on Friday, and really wanted to go but I needed to find someone to go with! Therefore I texted everyone I knew in Littleton to see who was going... and then my friend Julie who didn't even know about it decided she wanted to go - so then we went together and her husband joined us after the Celtics lost to the Heat.... There were 2 firework shows, Main street was shut down to traffic and flooded with people. There were food vendors, and bubbles for the kids, and people selling stuff... and restaurants open! I had been craving Indian food and there was totally Indian Food, Yeah!
![]() |
| So cool right? people just stopped where they were! |
![]() |
| There were 2 firework shows... |
![]() |
| There were 50 classic cars and this one.... but she complimented the car!! |
![]() |
| This is Julie and her Husband Wade! |
![]() |
| This was the 2nd show, viewed from my Patio! I love this picture... I love my new camera! |
7. I went to Paul Mitchell Hair School on Saturday for 2 hours and got my hair cut by a student! Slightly scary. You sign a waver before they do anything, the have to have their teacher come over to assess the situation and sign off on how they plan to cut the hair. She did mess it up, but was smart enough to call over her teacher to teach her how to fix it! It's still not perfect, but it's pretty good! We switched my part to the other side, and gave me swoop bangs! It's layered and very light now!
8. I painted our coffee table because I got bored on Sunday. I also Face Timed with HAILEY!! Who is going to be 6 in just a few days.... I got her invitation in the mail... which is so sweet since they know I won't be able to make it!
9. This passed Monday I hosted a Pinterest Party. I had 5 girls show up which is a great turn out considering how few friends I have here!! Lindsey, Tara, Justine, Julie, and Katie all came! I served all kind of food - crab dip, tortellini on sticks, meatballs on sticks, corn casserole, and creamsicle drinks. After all the girls had left except Tara.. she invited her husband who was working on their new apartment which is sooo much closer! Then I also invited Spencer over because he just moved into our apartment complex! The guys helped me finish off the food so it wouldn't rot in my fridge!
![]() |
| So Simple: Blend Orange Juice and Vanilla Ice Cream! |
10. On top of all that: Nick has been gone for the last 9 days and I have been alone.... so sad! Lily has really missed him. He'll be back home in just hours! He went home for his brother's bachelor party which was a weekend trip to West Virginia White Water Rafting! But he bookended his trip with several days at home. It has been a long. lonely, girly-movie-filled 9 days.... but it's almost over!
Weeew, that has been quite the update! Hope you enjoyed it!





















No comments:
Post a Comment