Day Two: Sunday.
Now this was exciting! I had something up my sleeve. Nick and I had to be at Church really early in the morning because this particular Sunday we were having our year end Choir Concert. We gave my family good directions to get to the church and we left 2.5 hours before them! My parents love music, they sing in the choir and I could hardly wait to share our church with them, let them see our amazing choir, hear all the songs we'd been working on for so long. I love sharing my life with people and this part of my life with these people is sooo important to me.
I was sooper excited because we had snuck my violin out the door and I was playing with the band in one of the songs! I thought that they wouldn't notice until I left the choir to walk over to the pit, but alas my Choir Director (who knew I was keeping it a secret) thought she would be funny and post my name in the bulletin as an instrumentalist. Therefore my parents knew that I was a "Brat" before we sang Give Me Jesus.
I love that they got to meet some of the people that we love at our church, and that they can now picture what we experience every Sunday!!
After church we took off to go to Red Rocks. Today was a beautiful day and a great day to be outdoors. We picked up Subway to eat sort of like a picnic in the Amphitheater. Nick and I got a bit scared because we had plans to get my parents to climb a mountain later in the week and they were struggling with just Red Rocks which is taxing on the body, but not as much as a mountain. However they had only been at this altitude for a day, so that might have played into it too. We got to the top though and got some wonderful family pictures! At Red Rocks you feel sooo high up, but later when we did climb the mountain you realize how not high you are at Red Rocks!
After Red Rocks, I had a Staff Summer Party that I really felt I needed
to go to, since I'm a manager and a new employee and it was my last day
to see Sarah before she moved back to Georgia, leaving me in complete
control of the position. Families were invited, and Lauren had told me
my whole family was welcome and since they just got here and I didn't
want them to be sitting at home alone I made them come with me. We
didn't eat Chicken! Sarah hadn't seen me yet, but apparently she looked
at my mom and KNEW that she was my mom. That made me smile. It was a
great event for me to be at to really feel more connected to the people I
work with.
The rest of the evening was relaxing and just great time with the family.
If you haven't yet, read below for Day One.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago










No comments:
Post a Comment