Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rock of Gibraltar???




Weird name, eh?? A professor used this term to describe me at our senior banquet. He used the word as an illustration of my strength & my dependability - He said the rock is "always there" . The actual rock is located in Gibraltar, off the southwestern tip of Europe on the Iberian Peninsula. According to Wikipedia he rock was created approximately 200 million years ago - I don't believe in 200 million years ago, however it has been around a long time. The rock is made of limestone, therefore making it home to over 100 caves. Symbolically, I think the caves represent secrecy - I am not holding a lot of secrets, but I am a private person. It takes a special person to get into my heart and mind. My favourite part of the rock is that it's upper area is covered by a nature reserve, which is home to around 250 Barbary Macaques, commonly known as 'apes'; they are the only wild monkeys found in Europe. I think this represents my crazy wild side! Ha - I bet Dr. Patton didn't think there was that much sybolism when he called me a rock.


Funny thing is my name means Strength.... funnier still the name I will take on when I marry my Nick in 331 days means Strength also.

1 comment: