Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Summer of the Rest of my Life

This summer has been unlike other summers I've had in the past. I'm not traveling to France, Switzerland, Ukraine, or even England - although through books I can go anywhere - even to Lancaster County with Beverly Lewis. However this summer has been filled with a new kind of excitement! My friends's weddings!!!

The week after graduating from University I headed to Ashtabula Ohio to me a maid of honour in Melanie Fish's uniting to her husband Kevin Eccles!! That was fun, then I recouperated from that a little bit - hunted for a job - then two weeks after that weekend I drove home to be a bridesmaid in Mandy Kenney's uniting to her husband Matt Ottaway! Then I came back to Albion to continue looking for jobs. As well as looking for jobs I've been planning my own wedding! A month from today my cousin is marrying her college sweetheart in British Columbia - so my mom and I are flying out there as I am a bridesmaid in that wedding as well! This weekend I'm going home to be in attendance and to be a stand-in maid of honour for Dana. In between the 2 showers for Dana, I'm driving with some of my bridesmaids over to Port Huron to have my dress fitted and to pick out bridesmaids dresses. I can't wait to put it back on again!

Tonight I am going on a date with my fiance and I can't wait. I was actually getting ready when I was inspired to write this post.

Oh and in case you don't know me, I'm ridiculously organized and most of my wedding is planned even though I still have 11 months, but what do you think Nick and I should dance to for our first dance? I want to hear your suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. here's a song i love-- "a page is turned" by bebo norman :o)

    and yes, you are incredibly organized... i am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. britt! i am so happy that you aren't too far away this year. albion is so much closer than canada and that makes me smile. :o)

    ReplyDelete