Saturday, June 28, 2008

www.WhirlWindWeekend.com

Ok to this weekend - which has really only been one day has been crazy. It started last night with my cousin Dana and her fiance coming over to my house to sleep - because there wasn't room at her childhood home - due to other guests here for the showers... so we had dinner and laugher our heads off. After dinner as we were eating dessert, I was trying to explain why my plate was still full, yet everyone else had managed to eat their dessert and what I meant to say was Austins can't eat dessert and talk at the same time - what I said was "you can't do Austin's and talking at the same time". I was very sure I had said what I meant to say and didn't notice what I actually said - until the silence erupted into ridiculous laughter. My mom and I were seriously crying we were laughing so hard.

Then later that night, Dana and I starting talking about lots of serious things and talked for far too long - probably 3 hours - way past our bed time considering our crazy busy day today(technically yesterday - because its 2am-ish). So this morning we get up, get ready and head to the church for a 10am bridal shower for Dana - straight from the church we (her and I) and 2 other bridesmaids who met us at the church drove the hour and a bit to Port Huron, MI. We decided to take the ferry at Sombra, ON/Marine City, MI, and Mandy had never been on a fearry before and Melissa had only been one the ChiChiMon - which is a big one where you park your car and get out and sit in lounges like at an airport. So we were ridiculous - we got parked at the front of the boat so we had a great veiw - looked like we were driving the boat! We were taking pictures and video's and laughing our heads off. Out of the corner of my eye I see the 2 middle aged guys in the pickup truck next to us laughing at us. I told them out the window that it was their first time on a ferry - they understood but still chuckled away.... We arrived at David's Bridal for 3 appts: a bridesmaid apt for 3 of my bridesmaids to find dresses, and 2 alterations apts for the two Austins..... What a crazy 2.5 hours that was - trying on dress after dress. Dana had had them add straps to her wedding dress and they were 2 tight but her wedding is in a month so she needed it fixed now... so they worked on that.... the girls tried every dress in the store on including the new ones and took forever to decide - but finally did. They each get to pick whatever dress they want - as long as it came in the colour I'd chosen for them. I put on the dress they'd ordered in for me in a size 4 and we decided it was way too big - but the dilemma was: is it enough of a size different to order the size smaller or do we just have alterations take in A LOT. We finally decided to have them reorder it in a 2.... sad day. So I'll have to go back again and again..... it was fun to be in it again - and I still love it.

Then we hadn't eaten and it was 4pm so we had Quizzno's because I had never had that before - then booted it home by 6:50- for another shower for Dana - this one a personal and pampering shower which was a blast filled with awesome comments and lots of laughter - not ending until 10:30.

Following that, my dad who had been upstairs hiding from all the estrogen called me up and we picked out our father - daughter dance song, and started practicing the basic steps. Him and my mom (along with several other couples from our church )have been taking ballroom dance lessons so he actually knows steps and sweet moves. I know that since he now knows how to actually dance I need to leard to be "led" around the dance floor. That was lots of fun. Then I cudded in bed talking with them -telling them about the middle part of the day that they weren't around for.

Oh and yesterday I stopped in to visit Mel on my way home which is becoming a tradition since she lives just off my exit on I-94, and we drove to Madison Heights to pick out her bridesmaid dress. We also went to target and had lunch there. The smoothie we shared was delicious - as was the chicken fingers.

For anyone wondering Carrie's surgery went well - it was 6.5 hrs, and she was on a 3-day epidural which wore off today and now she is on a Morphene pump. (I have no idea if I spelled that right). She now has recovery which is going to be the worst part of this whole cancer ordeal - and 3 more rounds of chemo. YUCK!!!! It just plain sucks;however her spirits are soo good - much better than ours (the girls) I think.

Ok that is far too long of a post but soo much is going on in my life... sleep is calling me - but its also competing with the sound of my brothers McDonalds french fries calling my name..... who will win?

4 comments:

  1. send your carrie love from this carrie!! i'm prayin for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to use paragraphs. that was ridiculously hard to read. lol

    fun stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel When I type it, I enter down and indent - but when I post it doesn't hold.... I'll have to play around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're enjoying your weekend! Can't wait to have you home! :) I'm very proud of you for joining the blogging world too!

    ReplyDelete