Monday, November 30, 2009

www.4times.com

Tuesday-Sunday is a long time to spend in a Ohio. It was great. Tuesday after I got off work at 1 Nick and I made the long trek to his parents house in Ohio. We arrived around 6pm and I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly we did a whole lot of nothing the first night. We talked with mom upstairs in the "new" bedroom that was very pretty and very comfortable. We moved our talking down to the kitchen and then out to the living room but really that's all we did the first night there! Awesome! We always seem to have soo much to do and so many people to see that we're usually rushing from one place to another. Not sooo!!!

Wednesday morning Nick and I got up early and drove into Wadsworth to get new tires put on his car and an alignment. This was his graduation present from his parents! Thanks!!!! We were thinking it would take like an hour, they told us it would take 2 and a half - it ended up taking almost 3 and a half!! We were stranded in Wadsworth so we walked a about 15 mins to Wal-mart where I love to spend my days off (note the sarcasm). But because I was with Nick and we had no agenda we had fun. We dug to the bottom of the $5 movie bin! We considered crawling in the basket of sale pillows and taking a nap... we bought some Pantene ProV since somehow ours got left behind. Then after we were bored there we walked back past the car place further to Bob Evans where we enjoyed brunch. Then back to the car place to wait for another hour it seems just for the guy to put the old tires back in Nicks car. Then since we were running car errands we went to get an oil change and free car wash. However the car wash was closed! Not cool. (don't worry we ended up still getting the free car wash on Saturday).

Then back home for some lazying. Ross showed up like usual and I napped while they played Frisbee. Such a good nap - one of those amazing naps where the drool is beyond normal!!! Again I think we were just lazy and visited - I don't quite remember. We met Eric & Rhoda, Ross & Clare at the movie theatre at 9:15 to watch the Blind Side. It was a great movie - go see it if you haven't already! It was wonderful to catch up with them - but didn't feel like enough time! We arrived home to Dad who had gotten home from work that night and was waiting up to see us!!!

Thursday we awoke and I made Apple Crisp for Thanksgiving, Lil' Randy had arrived that morning to spend a couple nights at "home" and so we decided to finally take the Ohio State shirt family picture that we wanted to take this summer.

My shirt is the same as moms! You just can see the front :o(.

I hit my head on the bear swinging from the roof and gave myself a pretty good goose egg and scratch on my forehead. Then we all took off for Thanksgiving at Aunt Barbs in Shreve. The food was good as always, and the nap I was waiting to take happened. Mostly because I had a huge headache! I had brought my wedding scrapbook and one of the lil' old ladies that comes asked me if I had brought it for her to look at - I was touched that she remembered looking at last years Nick & I scrapbook. We left there, took home Grandma and Nicks Parents and Lil' Randy went to go see The Blind Side - not knowing it was be sold out - they went and visited Grandma Goldie. We were already home though and again I think laziness consumed us.

Friday morning I got up really really early (6:45) and drove all the way back to Michigan to work 1 shift. It snowed pretty bad for about 1 hour of my trip - The first snow I see all season was a white out while driving - not cool! It was pretty much a waste because it was very very slow in the pharmacy. I slept at our house that night, talked to my parents on the phone as I dressed our house up for Christmas. (Nicks parents finally saw Blind Side- with Clare's parents actually)

Then Early the next morning I again drove back to Ohio so as to not ruin the rest of the weekend for myself. I love being there! I arrived home to find my husband waiting for me to take a nap with him because he had stayed out late the night before playing Frisbee and Poker with ALL the guys and his brother too and then up early for a haircut with his dad and brother (yes - aww how cute - they went to the barber together for the 1st time). So after a nap we met Ross and Clare at Ming Hing for a Chinese buffet lunch. We then went to Clare's parents house to play euchre (boys) and visit (girls). We ended up starting to watch the movie My Sister's Keeper. Which I only saw the first 40 mins so now I have to finish watching it. We headed back home for hang out with his family again and we had the most fun night. We found a board game of F.R.I.E.N.D.S Trivia so Nick and I competed against each other - with Nicks mom asking the questions. It fun and we make a great team together!! Then the 4 of us played 3 rounds of Yahtzee! I had never played before yet we all lost all 3 games to mom. It was a fun night as a family. Saturday was also an anniversary for us - one of many - but it has been 3 years since we started dating! Sunday was 10 months since we signed the official marriage license.

Sunday morning we got up for church which was a great service, sat with Ross & Clare - like usual and drank Carmel hot chocolate (it was yummy). I love the song selection Pastor Mark picks! The message was great - it was on Shame vs. Guilt - related to Love & Respect in all relationships but mostly illustrated through marriage. The pastor and his wife taught the sermon. They gave the congregation about 7 mins or so to say and listen the members of their "home":

When ____(this happens)___I feel _________.

It was a great exercise and I love that they made us do it in church - because how many people actually do some of the stuff they teach us too. After church we had a breakfast for lunch: bacon, eggs, pancakes and sausage. Then packed up our stuff to come back to Michigan.... boo... but we ran into Angie and Nick and the Sando family at a rest stop the turnpike as well as a girl that was in one of my classes from SAU. Overall it was an awesome time in Ohio. Even if I drove the long trip 4 times..... and we came home to all our fish/frog dead...

No comments:

Post a Comment