'Tis an interesting phenomenon.
It has been years since I went door-to-door, and as I watched the phenomenon on my way home from work I thought about how weird it was... a friend of mine's child expressed it well....
"Another door opened and I got candy!" - Conner (1 of twin boys)
How weird is it!?? REALLY!
I have decided that when I am a parent, I'm taking my kids trick or treating at Wal-mart and to our friends houses only... in our car. Its way too cold for kids to be outside that late at night and the last several years it has been rainy! Wal-mart hands out free candy to kids Halloween night at every register, and department! How cool is that? Soo needless to say, we don't get a lot of kids in the pharmacy and they are supposed to hand out candy starting at 7pm, but we close my 7pm so we had a whole pumpkin bucket of candy to eat by 7 pm. By about 6:30pm I was wired!!! I was just about being done working another 58hour week of work....
About 6:35 I see my brother peak around the corner with Sarah!!! They were out shopping together to buy ingredients to make caramelized peach smoothies. So being ridiculously hyper, I said why don't you make them at our house!!! He looked at her, she was cool with it, so they did. They had to go back to SAU to do something though, but arrived at our house about 20 mins after I had gotten home from work!
The Michael and Sarah thing: they are not dating.... yet. I don't know what the plans are, (I think she still has a boyfriend at home) but those 2 have been hanging out since the last week of August. She has gotten him to go to church almost every week, and not only to GO but to get up early and go to the early service which sings hymns - which they both enjoy!! Sooo I figure if they are out shopping together they are going somewhere....
Anyhoo back to our "double date". We were all hungry since I had just gotten off work, and they had been shopping, none of us had eaten, so I talked Michael into making stir fry! It was delish! The stir fry was full of noodles, chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, corn and peas - seasoned with a General Tao's sauce. Thanks Steph for the wok and the oil and the noodles!

(this isn't a picture of our but its close...ours was better)
.
We watched some Simpson's, and then we watched Monsters' Vs. Aliens. Half way through the movie we paused it and made the caramelized peach smoothies... Michael wasn't as impressed with them as he wanted. (pictures to come...). Overall it was an enjoyable evening.
.
We've been married 5 months and this was the first time we spent a significant amount of time with a "couple" at our house... unless you count Ben and Gavin. Nick and I both loved having the male/female interaction. They left around midnight. - That's my kind of Halloween!
.
Then Sunday morning.... we set our clocks back like we were supposed to.... however my alarm clock/cellphone didn't get plugged in and died over night. Sooo it didn't wake us up like it was supposed to. We were very disappointed because we really wanted to go to church. Kazia and Mike were there again and we missed them! Anyhoo so we awoke at 10:45, showered and ate cereal. While we ate cereal we watched the Crystal Cathedral service on TV. When I found it on TV the first thing I saw was Sean Groombridge playing the piano. Sean played/assisted my mom at the wedding we sang in a couple weeks ago. Soo I yelled up to Nick and he came running and was sooo excited! We know him!!! Then after such an exhausting morning I fell back asleep for an hour.
.
The rest of the day was soo relaxing, I think all I did was cooked dinner .... and lay around. Dinner was a "lemon chicken pasta toss" (pictures to come). It was wonderful and needed. By the end of the night I was more in love with Nick and wishing I had more days off!!! It is soo important to actually spend time with your husband! The end of the day for a couple hours half asleep every night doesn't cut it!.
I love him.




No comments:
Post a Comment