This post is going to have 3 separate posts with in it......because I know if I were to post 4 separate posts all right now, you might not scroll down and read all four, because how would you know that there were new ones below this one... because obviously you keep up with all my blogs....
1st -
I would like to tell you all about the things that I am doing to save on heating cost's this year.... A couple of nights ago, I used a plastic window installation kit on the "office" window to keep as much of that cold air out of our apartment as possible... we had don't this last year as well on 1 window because it specifically let in a lot of cold air. Here is a link to a similar product to the one we have.
Secondly, I made these green sleeves out of leftover material I had from my green couch clip cover I think, and filled them with rice to put in front of out patio doors..... we don't use them and there is actually furniture in front of them so it didn't even matter on the colour.... I do need to take out some of the rice though I think in order to make it more form fitting to the base of the window doors... and I still have some rice left over that I might make another one with..... see picture below.
The 3rd way that I am trying to save on heating costs, is to have those new curtains that are supposed to block out the cold air, or in the summer, the heat..... We have them in the bedroom. They also serve the purpose of keeping light out of the room, for when a certain somebody has to sleep all day.
2nd -
Yesterday while that certain somebody was asleep all day, I was bored, so I decided to make him a healthy, homemade blueberry muffin for when he woke up. I search several recipe's online looking for one that had the healthiest of ingredients and the 2 pictures below are the final product.
3rd -
And this one I think is most exciting....
Last Sunday we finally found a church to our liking! It's called Crossroads Community Baptist Church, located on Packard road in Ann Arbor. The church is slightly smaller than the other 3 churches that I have ever attended regularly, but similar to all of them in certain characteristics. I see a lot of my home church in this one, the meetings that they have, the the youth group that sits up front and that seems just awesome... yet they have 2 services, a traditional and a contemporary one like the one I attended in Spring Arbor. Their music is good, better this Sunday than last, and the coolest thing is that they are in need of Worship Team members, which if you know me at all, you know I would love to get back on one of those. The building itself is very unique and different from any other I've been in, but slightly reminds me of our old Sanctuary at home..... the pews are comfy :o), but there is no center aisle for weddings :o(. The music isn't perfect, but they always sing good songs! The minister is actually an in-term minister, but he's a Dr. and very good... oh and did I mention that is is a "Southern" Baptist church!
Last week, Nick and I went together, but this week he needed to sleep, and I had looked forward to going again this week so much that I sucked it up and went by myself..... I sat in a similar spot to last week, but there were different people sitting in that section than last week too..... I only really spoke to 1 lady, I think her name was Maddy, kind of forget... :o( but she was nice, told me she was going to their church Thanksgiving and told me how fun it was, she went for the first time last year.... she has some young kids. I told her we liked the church a lot, but wouldn't be there the next 2 weeks, when she said she would look for me next week. The sermon was on using your gifts, in the church - he talked about Martha and how despite that she didn't hang out with Jesus when He came for dinner, we still need some people like Martha who are willing to work behind the scenes and "help". We all need to be a little bit like Martha and a little bit like Mary.
Ok my stomach just knows that after church it is time for lunch, so I must go feed it......
4th -
Friday night we went and hung out at the Pollaks household. I just love that family so much and love hanging out /helping out. I pretty much hung out with Hailey, and barely got any baby time.... Nick hogged all the babies! When I was free of Hailey he wouldn't give up the baby he was holding.... not fair! Not that I'm complaining I love giving Hailey lots of special attention. I did steal some time holding Landon, which pretty much turned into changing a dirty diaper and putting him to bed, and then I also got a moment with Brooklyn when she woke up ... she wasn't hungry so I just cuddled her for a bit, then put her back in her crib. I just love holding her though, when she's all tucked up into my arms.... sigh..... We also got some good play time in with the parents, Nich and Jennie tough Nick how to play the Monopoly card game that I learned the last time I was there, and we played 3 or 4 rounds of that after the babies were all in bed! Oh and dinner was great too with the whole family...Nick cooked a rice & chicken casserole using one of those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens - that is by far the best way to go I think!!!
Bonus:
Another couple friends of ours got engaged last night!!! And Nick was asked to be a groomsman!!!!! That's number 7 for him!








I don't know what the deal is with my blog not updating your posts but it says you haven't posted in a month and you've posted a bunch of times. Grr. I've missed a bunch..sorry. This is a good post--so excited about you finding a church--are you liking it??? And I can't remember who's getting married?
ReplyDeleteWhen did you redesign? I'm so irritated with blogger for making me miss out on these changes when they happened. :)