Introducing Tara and Ryan Rhodes

Tara mentioned to me a week or so ago, that she and her husband we looking at moving into the apartment complex in June. So I told her she should come over and check the place out!
She is from Lansing, Mi and he is from near Cadillac, Mi. His brother went to Spring Arbor and was a skater boy who married the only skater girl on campus. Therefore I remember them. Crazy right!
Tara and I have so much in common! She is a dual citizen of Canada and the USA. Her parent's are living in Alberta! They got married May 2nd, 2009, we got married May 23rd, 2009. She has 6 or 7 settings of china, and I have 6 or 7 settings of China. Both our china is Noritaki Platinum Wave!!!! Crazy right!? The girl talks very fast, but Nick says I talk just as fast I just don't know it.
She is doing her masters at the University of Denver, and will graduate this June! She is an RA of an apartment building there on campus, so she is busy! He just started classes as Denver Seminary in the counseling program, and his work pays for it. He has to take 2 classes only at a time though.
We had an excellent time together! They arrived about 7pm and we gave them a tour of our apartment and then we jumped right into a comfy chat on our awesome couch! Tara had offered to bring a snack, and brought mini cheese cakes! After a while of chatting we ate those! Then back to chatting, then we decided to show them the pool, weight room and indoor hot tub! Then back to chatting, then Nick offered them some of my chocolate cake that was soooo delicious and they each had a small piece and loved it! Yum. More chatting and looking at scrapbooks because Tara loves to scrapbook....
Both Tara and Ryan are runner's and have ran several 5K's 10K's and a marathon. They also love hiking so we are going to plan a hiking trip with them. I think Nick and Ryan will get along great too! Yeah for great instant friends! They left at 11pm and neither of us an any idea it was that late!
Nick and I went to a new church yesterday, and really liked it. I think we were lucky enough yesterday to find our new friends and our new church! Here is a link to the church:
http://westbowleschurch.com/
There back drop is a window looking out at the mountains! One thing we really loved was the huge choir! They have a large instrument section.... there was one guy who played the saxophone and a flute! We sat in theater style seating, but it wasn't a mega church like the other one.
We decided after church, since we were so close to the base of the mountains to drive around until we found a place to hike. I changed in the car and then we walked all around the Red Rocks Amphitheater! So cool!
Check out more pics on my facebook: (even if you don't have facebook you can still look at this link)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.588627230933.2054220.178200535&type=1&l=29b82aada2
Here is a link to the Red Rocks:
http://www.redrocksonline.com/
It's really cool! The Beatles have sung there, John Denver did, U2, and sooo many more!
Also I was featured on a friends' blog:
http://staceyweeks.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/finding-a-sole-mate/
wow, Britt, you girls sound like two peas in a pod! I'm happy for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteIs Ryan's brother Justin Rhodes? Kevin and I went to Jamaica with him!
I am so excited that you guys found some friends and cannot believe they are from Spring Arbor! What a small world! Glad you are making friends and checking out new churches! Sounds like things are going good!
ReplyDelete