Monday, February 27, 2012

www,LilysTrips2theVet.com

This weekend, I had plans to get lots done!  I found an animal hospital on Friday night and sent them a request on their website to set up an appointment to get her rabbies shot. They called me early in the morning, woke me up, but I was able to get in at 9:30 for their only available appointment that day. All was well, as much as I didn't want to take my precious kitty in another car ride, and to get a shot! Not cool! It hurt my heart a little. She did great really, and the lady told me that if she threw up once that was normal, but if she turned it into an Olympic sport, that it may be an allergic reaction. I took her home and stayed with her for about an hour before heading out to go accomplish more tasks.

My crazy husband had driven to Golden, CO the previous night to play in an indoor Frisbee tournament that went from 9:30pm - 3am. He was going to go by himself, but he talked to a couple guys from school and one of them went with him, the other one was celebrating his 5 year anniversary with his wife that day, so he'll go next time. So needless to say, after arriving home at 4:30 am, he was still sleeping late in the morning.

Not for long though, I got a text from him about 30 minutes into my driving around trying to find a place to get my car emissions tested since Colorado law requires that of all their cars. So I'm finally sitting in line, my money in my hand to pay them when I get a text from Nick.
1. Lily is throwing up
2. She threw up again, but only a little bit
3. She's throwing up again
4. She threw up  again, are you almost home?

So, after calling the animal hospital while sitting in line, they suggested I bring her in, so I turned around went backwards through the entrance of the emissions testing place and drove home, as safely as a mother of her sick baby can drive.

Lily and I made a 2nd trip to the animal hospital. They gave her another shot to make her stop throwing up. Then they monitored her temperature every 5 mins for about 45 minutes! It was just not going down as fast as they wanted it to. She did not appreciate the thermometer up her butt at all let alone so frequently. Poor girl! It was hard to watch! By the time they let us go home, I'm pretty sure Lily hated me. She was slightly drowsy and is just now tonight, Monday, starting to act like the normal Lily we know! She didn't even sleep with us last night! It was hard on me, but I knew that she wasn't feeling well.

As I began to write this blog, my lovable kitty decided it would be a great time to sit on my arms! Made typing difficult!

We survived but it was hard on me, I can only imagine what it's like when it's actually your child who's sick!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine having a child. Good thing you can have practice with Lily :)

    ReplyDelete