Sunday, February 12, 2012

www.2WeeksInReview.com

So I left off, with church 2 weeks ago.

The weeks are boring, I pretty much work, he goes to school. He's doing well though! He's gotten 100% on his 1st paper, and 100% on his first Old Testament Quiz! sooo proud!!

I started going to the PiM (Partner's in Ministry) Book Study. We're reading through the book: High Call, High Privilege. Our 1st week, we pretty much just spent time getting to know each other!! There were 11 girls there total!! Here is a picture of some of my new friends:

Tara & Ryan (pink top left), Justine & Justin (middle) Laura & Tim (top right)
Sheila & Joseph (bottom left) and Lindsay & Elliot (Avery & Luke)

I've been working lots, not entirely enjoying it. Not like I ever have, but you know - that's life. I have long drive's in Denver Traffic. Fun. I've had to drive to or from work in both of the snow storms we've had. Last night, I worked til 4:00, pm but I stayed til 4:40.... and then on my way home, there was a car accident, that turned my 30 minute drive home into a 2.5 hour ride home. I literally went 2 miles in 2 hours. On the way to work, my windshield wiper fluid was frozen, and while I was on a 10 lane highway(5 each way), my window's got to the point where I absolutely could not see through them anymore, so I had to put on my flashers, and pull over onto a non-existent shoulder to wipe off my window with my gloves. It was a scary experience!
Mile High Stadium, Amusement park, Large Silver Pig?, DT Denver

Speaking of snow... last Friday we got 14.9 Inches of snow! That was fun! It snowed for about 32 hours! I got home Thursday night as it was starting to snow, and then it snowed all day Friday, and I had to work, but the storm pretty much shut down Denver, so I got to go home early, and then it finally stopped snowing on Saturday.
Nick and I went out to buy a desk and chair - finally for in the bedroom for his studies on Saturday...
This is what the living room looks like with a coffee table!
.....but before we went shopping for that, we had a snowball fight! I hid behind a bush, and he stayed on our patio! My goal was to knock down all of the snow on the top of the ledge. It was fun! I also made our snow family.

We went to Colorado Springs on Sunday last week for the Super Bowl. We thought it might be fun to surprise friends of ours from SAU who minister at a church there. Ephram and I had a lot of classes together, and he lived on the same floor as Nick. He is now the worship pastor of a Springs Community Church, which is where we showed up. The look on his face when we walked in was priceless. He was on stage, in the middle of a song and his jaw dropped! They invited us out to lunch at their favourite Chinese restaurant and then over to their place! It was great catching up with them, and looking through their wedding pictures!! We left there and headed over to Joe and Rochelle's who live about 4 minutes away! There were about 15 people at the party, and 1 of them grew up in Leamington,ON! Crazy right! Crazier still, we know some of the same people...I actually thought I was related to the people he knows!

Lily has made herself quite at home and claimed her spot! It's in the middle of everything, so she can be part of everything! I fear she's going to permanently dent our couch, but its ok, right... it's her spot.

I finished one of my last projects last week or maybe the week before..., putting up our pictures!


After getting home last night from my 2.5 hour drive home, I actually went straight to a restaurant to meet Joe & Rochelle and Nick. I was supposed to get home at the same time that they were getting to my apartment, but plans change... So they decided where to eat. They picked a restaurant that Nick and I watched on an episode of Man V. Food called Jack n Grill.  The food was delicious and soo large!


We got home and we were cold, and the boys went out to rent a movie.. so Rochelle and I lit the fire for the 1st time!!! The movie we watched was bad, and they ended up spending the night, sleeping on our pull out couch and using the spare toothbrushes I keep on hand for moments like this!


And that is all for now! I hope to update sooner next time!

1 comment:

  1. Love the fireplace. Sounds like you guys are having a great time in Colorado! Glad you are making new friends too!! Thanks for a great update.. I have been wondering where you have been..

    ReplyDelete