another weekend come and gone.
Friday night I babysat for our friends Elliot and Lindsay. They have Avery who is 3 and Lucas who is around 1. He's walking but not talking yet. Lindsay and Elliot needed a date and went out to Shusi, according to Avery! The second Avery gets over her shyness she doesn't stop talking! We played Connect Four until bedtime. She went down fairly easy, she wanted a story and a song so we sang Itsy Bitsy Spider and then once in bed we had to say a blessing and even though Lucas was already asleep I had to say a blessing with him too. Then after I thought she was down for the night, she came out and had to go potty again.... now since she's just recently started to sleep without a diaper, I was all about her going potty again. But she had to go Poopie... which also I wouldn't want an accident, but I had no idea that would take such a long time. She had lots of questions for me while we sat in the bathroom together.. it was quite funny.
Saturday, was clean-up day.... our apartment was a mess and so many things needed to be done. At 1:30 a Choir member came to pick up our grill to use on Sunday at the Choir BBQ! I worked at home while Nick chased people who paid 80 bucks to get chased by Zombies. He made one scary looking Zombie. The concept of the race was kind of like flag football... runners started with 6 flags, and Zombies chased them trying to steal their flags. Out of 3000 runners only 800 finished the race with 1 flag or more. I went to see him at the end of his Zombie shift and then brought him home to take some more pictures.
 |
| you should be glad these pictures are sideways! they're creepy |
The Zombie make-up took us a long time to scrub off. I think he still has some on. He also got pretty sunburnt so that made scrubbing hurt. We had corn on the cob for dinner, and I made banana bread bars with brown butter frosting to take with us Sunday to the Choir Party!
Sunday, we got up for church early because the choir was singing for our once a summer Sunday! Then the day just got busy, after church we ran home to change then headed out to the BBQ at Brad and Katie Brady's house.. I mean MANSION. It was beautiful! Our apartment might have fit in their entryway. The party was great, we ate with Ryan, Chelsea and their kids. Nick joined into the volleyball game while I visited and held a 3 month old premie baby. My banana bars were a hit, I did bring home a few, but I got a lot of compliments, which is impressive considering how many desserts were brought!
 |
| my banana bread bars with brown butter frosting |
 |
| the house was mapped out to get our food... and clear plastic taped on the carpet to keep them clean |
 |
| volleyball in the huge backyard!! |
Following the BBQ we had promised friends to go hiking with them, but I forgot about Frisbee so we went on a short hike up the North Table. It is a tall foothill like mountain that flattens off like a table and has a gorgeous view overlooking Denver. We saw lots of deer frollicking around.
 |
| almost at the top of the North Table |
 |
| that's Golden, CO behind me! |
 |
| This is about the coolest plant I have ever seen.... anyone know what it is? |
Then we took Tara and Ryan to Frisbee with us at the church. The boys played and the girls talked. At the end of the game they called us in for back-up and while we were playing Mike threw his arm out of his socket and Tara bot smacked in the face and ended up with a bloody nose. Sad ending to a great day. She was fine though, it just sucks that we only played for like 5 mins and she got hurt.
Another week beings. Emily comes back Wednesday and I'll get some part time hours but I need to get a job ASAP! Please continue to Pray!
(pictures to come)
Looks like you had a great weekend! The zombie run looks interesting!!!
ReplyDeleteI am seriously SO creeped out by Nick. wowzer. Not my kinda race. :)
ReplyDelete