Tuesday, July 31, 2012

www.lifeAsApoorPerson.com

Dear Friends...

I feel as though I should write a post, but I don't know what to say.  Life has been interesting lately, different. We are learning that we can live without buying lots of stuff.... not like I ever gorged on buying things, but right now we don't buy anything unless we need it. It's amazing how much you don't need. God is definately showing us that.  We are being very creative making meals, using things that we have in our kitchen already and putting it together with something that it's never been put with before.

It's also amazing that we've been provided for so far. We have enough money to pay rent that't due tomorrow. We had enough money to buy ink today to print out my resume and cover letter.... I'm holding off as long as possible on an oil change that my car is over due for.... I have oil in my trunk that I can top off my tank with.. but I found a place that will do it for $14.95! That's pretty cheap! A wife of a seminary graduate posted yesterday that she was emptying her fridge because they're moving today and the food couldn't stay in storage. So I went over and helped myself to stuff in her fridge. It didn't feel like I was getting help, but more that God was providing yet again.

Today I took my resume into an HR office of a job that I would really love... It's close to home, it seems like a wonderful place to work! I'm qualified for the job and the people I met today seemed young and hip and hopefully will call me in for an interview! Please PRAY with me! It would be such an amazing opportunity!

I found out that since I quit working for Sam's club to take a job that was in my field, that paid more money, that's considered quitting for personal reasons and therefore I don't get any unemployment from the last 3 years that I've been paying into the program which as far as I am concerned is STUPID. 

Sunday we were invited to a pool party in which lunch was also provided! Meat!! Which is expensive.... so we were happy! The brisket was delicious the chocolate cake was also a nice treat! The rain eluded us too, we could see it all around the pool but it didn't do it's dance on the pool's deck!

Also Sunday at Church, every week there is a video called "We Are West Bowles" in which a family who has been attending our 1000+ congregation for a while is introduced to the congregation! It's a great way to make a large church seem smaller! Well this week was our Sunday. Usually the people who are in the video's have been attending West Bowles for at least several years! However, last Sunday Ryan told us, we were nominated and that we couldn't say no. Shortly that video will be posted to this website.... hopefully sooner than later!

We have some exciting times coming up! In order:

1. My aunts; Bessie and Kathy will be here August 10th
2. Nick's college roommate will be here the last week of August for hiking!
3. We go to Ohio for an Everett Wedding
4. Terry comes to CO Spgs on business
5. My Aunt Brenda comes out for a horse back riding retreat!

This past weekend my cousin, and my brother's best friend got married to a girl that I was friends with first... I was really struggling with this, the first family wedding that I wasn't able to be at. I love my family.... it's hard to be far away especially at times of celebration. BUT my wonderful cousin Terry who skyped me in on my dad's 2nd ever solo, also skyped me in on the wedding! He was able to wire the computer into the video editing board so that I could watch what the church video camera's were catching! I cried when I watched my Gramps walking down the aisle. It's incredible that guy is still breathing with a heart that's still oinking.... if I was there, I could have hugged him one more time.

well that's all for now... I think.....

Love you all,
Britt

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your situation perfectly, understanding what it's like to not be able to buy meat or milk or anything more than $15/week on groceries...and to have God continually provide. That is so cool to watch Him work. Keep trusting Him!

    *fingers crossed for the job*

    ReplyDelete