So as most of the world has heard, there has been a horrible tragedy in Aurora, Colorado.
But how close do I live to Aurora? Well let me tell you. I live 16 miles from the Century 16 Movie Theater and I used to work about 3 minutes from it. It is about 18 miles from Columbine High School where the other infamous Colorado shooting took place.
Denver has grieved enough.
A lady from our church who sings in the Soprano section of the choir's son was at the theater. I wasn't in theater 9 though. However - scary for sure.
We also had a friend who went to a midnight showing at a nearby theater as well.
There aren't words to describe the loss felt here. As I was driving yesterday morning, I felt a bit like a zombie, like everyone was just going through the motions, in shock of what happened.
In the days ahead as we learn more details, hopefully we'll get more closure.
12 people who went to the movies will never experience life again, 58 more injured might never be able to go into a movie theater again. I certainly don't think I could go back. How terrifying?!
12 people ages 6-53, who were mom's, dad's, little girls, boyfriends, newlyweds, girlfriends, co-workers, daughters, siblings, parents, etc who were taken from life far too soon and far to wrongly.
"Even
if we aren't putting ourselves at any kind of risk or danger, our last
day on earth could be any time. Important to really know and accept
Jesus before that day comes."
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment