Last weekend we flew home to Ohio, my first time back in the mid-west since we moved out here.... for Randy and Steph's wedding! It was great to be back! For the first 2 days I followed my sweet mother in-law all over Ohio getting spoiled rotten with Pedicure's, Spray Tans and Manicures!
Wow did we look like a million bucks by the time my parents got her on Friday night!
The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were at a winery in Ohio because the wedding location was in use as it will be every Friday, Saturday and Sunday next summer because it has become the hottest place to get married in the Akron/Canton area!
After the Spray Tan I got dropped off at an Applebee's for a Date with Clare! It was wonderful girl time!! Loved it! We shared the appitizer platter thingy and got fancy fruity drinks! She got all dressed up for our date! Twas fun! Nick and Ross had already hung out like 3 times by this time on our 1st full day in Ohio... those crazy lover boys.
I took pictures and helped get the catered food set up and kept full! We had Macaroni Warehouse for dinner and wine. I don't really like wine, but I wasn't paying and I was getting it straight from the winery so I tried a glass of peach wine. It was ok, I didn't hate it, but I didn't fall in love with it either. It's just like really strong grape juice right? The location was totally cute though!
| The Dinner! |
| The Wedding Party and their Significant Others (minus me!) |
| The Engaged Couple for the Last Time before they became Husband and Wife!! |
My parents arrived in time for the after party where friends and family from out of town were invited to come because Steph has lived all over the US and had a lot of out of towners coming for this wedding! It was great to see them! When they arrived there was a game of Kan Jam going which is a new Frisbee game. All the groomsman announced they didn't want to play against Nick because apparently they had learned of his insane Frisbee skills at the Bachelor party. Nick and Randy were playing again Randy's really-soon-to-be brother-in-law and his wife. Twas a good time!
We socialized for a while then drove back the to the Everett Cabin in the Woods which was all our home for the weekend!! My parent brought their motor home and camped in the driveway!
The following morning it was fun to wake up and spend time with all 3 of
my parents as one of them had kid-napped my husband and taken off for
Golf with the Groom! The mother of the groom and I headed to the salon
for more pretty-ifying and picture taking. Then headed back home to get
ready for the 6pm wedding! Mom had bought me a selection of jewelry to
wear with my dress and we had had fun picking out the "right" set the
night before so my only struggle was making my hair cute! I think the
whole ensemble turned out pretty good!
| Steph's Dad passed away a couple years ago so her brother walked her down the aisle! |
| He likes what he sees! |
| I found me a gorgeous groomsman! |
| All of the Groom's family |
| The day after the wedding Randy turned 30. So everyone sang Happy Birthday! |
| Glad she could make it to the wedding! She had a great time! |
Rain threatened but we got a few pictures in before it down-poured the rest of the night.... the rain was nice though because it was HOT and HUMID and the barn was not air conditioned obviously! I couldn't remember humidity, but I was smacked in the face with it that weekend... my poor hair - I think it loves Colorado!
The reception was a party and at this party was a photo booth! We got our money's worth that's for sure! It was a great time!
Sunday was a leisurely day! We took my parents to church, got to chat with Pastor Mark (who married us) and Pastor John (who was my brother's roommate at SAU). Then we went out to Nick's favourite Chinese place of all time!
The rest of the afternoon we enjoyed on the porch in their magazine worthy yard, then went inside to look through wedding pictures.... and had a campfire in the evening! I hadn't gotten to see Rhoda yet, and really truly wanted to see her! She gave me the honour of being in her wedding and then I went and moved away... I want to work to keep our friendship! Ross & Clare were able to come over too as well as Nick's friend Shawn who we saw and talked to at church.
Eric & Rhoda, Ross & Clare, Mom & Dad x2, Shawn, Nick & I were the campfire participants!
| Bestest Friends |






Love your dress!! :) Looks like it was a beautiful wedding and great time spent with good people!
ReplyDelete