Monday, September 24, 2012

www.saving100dollars.com

It's AUTUMN now, but here in the State of 300 days of sunshine it's still hot!  It's still peaking in the 80's each day which means that I still want my Air Conditioning in my car! However about a week ago I noticed that my A/C was only kicking out heat.... NOT Cool!    ......Literally!!!


So anyways I know this guy who knows a lot about cars, and specifically Toyota cars... so I called him up and he walked me through several diagnostic procedures on the Condenser and on the Magnetic Clutch  Relay. Boy does this dude have patients to walk me through all this stuff that I have no idea what he's talking about! Thank goodness for video chat's eh?

I took all kinds of picture of the Radiator, thinking it was the Condenser... then I took pictures of the Condenser and we couldn't find any leaks in the fixings or elsewhere... so he guided me to the correct relay and fuse box and we switched 2 relay's to diagnose if one was in fact broken.
the Relay (except mine was blue)
Once we had decided that it was not working, he instructed me to take that top part off (the grey part in the picture.)  And then this is what I saw:

See where it's pointing to the Relay Contacts? There is a tiny dot on there about the size of a pen tip. Turns out once I wiped the dirt residue off that tiny little dot and put it all back together and back in my car, that m air conditioning worked again!!!

Crazy Right? One little tiny dot caused my whole A/C to stop working!

Thanks for saving me $100 DAD!!!!!

I love you SOOO Much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment