Monday, December 15, 2008

www.CantataWeekend.com

The weekend ended this morning at Mel and Kevin's house! Nick and I had left his car there on Friday so that he wouldn't have as far to drive home, but after getting there and remembering how much we love them, we decided to spend the night instead of driving all the way back to where we live. Mel and I got to talk like we love to do, the boys played Ping Pong, then Mel went to bed and we watched Batman.

By far 4 moments stick out most when I think of this weekend:

1. My Dad: I sat across from him, like I always have at the dinning room table and he was just watching me, getting a kick out of me. His face just shone with "something"... delight? love? enjoyment? pride? I'd don't know but it was adorable. (I'm sure he was enjoying having me home - and I think by the look on his face, he's having a more luck dealing with the fact that I'm moving out of his home...)

2. My Grandpa: Words shared from the mouths of old people - hilarious!!!! He made a comment about his wife's Christmas gift, that none of us will ever forget.... "no such luck"

3. My Mom: She sang a solo in the last song in the cantata! I thought she did fantastic!!!! It took me back to years ago when she used to sing solo's more often. I sat in anticipation waiting for the last song, because although I hear her sing in our house all the time, its not the same as into a microphone; performing. I couldn't even remember what it sounded like, and then she opened her mouth and I was soo proud.

4. 4 of us sitting together at church! Simple, but I could probably count on my hands the number of times mom and dad have sat together on a Sunday morning service!!!! It was Nick and I that made up the other 2, not Michael but it was still wonderful!

Other moments that made this weekend wonderful: the "whatever" attitude I had about my schedule for the whole weekend, the tasty, massive amounts of food I ate, the visit with Carrie, the amazing time at my favourite restaurant: Kelsey's (which Nick had never been too!), the sweet gifts that both Nick and I got to open!!!!, my awesome parents!, the big E I worked on for our wedding, finding the mistletoad!!!, the conversation in the car on the way home with Nick, the fact that he told me he knows where we are going to go on our honeymoon, but I'm not allowed to know, the time spent with him, even if he was doing homework a lot, and the dance lessons.....

Overall a good weekend!!!




1 comment: