My plan for the night, was to drive to Canada to watch the Christmas Cantata, (which I talk about in 1 of the 2 posts I wrote earlier today). But since the weather had other plans for me, I had to make new plans. What to do when you're snowed in all day, home alone, less than 2 weeks before Christmas.... I curled up on the couch with my cozy Christmas blanket, a cup of hot Sugar Cookie Tea, Christmas music in the background, Christmas lights on the tree and the window, a bowl of soup and a good Christmas book by my favourite author.
The reason I wanted to write this post however is based on content in the book. The book takes place in England, and I am often surprised to find ties from England to Canada. My post is entitled Christmas Crackers and if you're thinking about cheese and crackers you are wrong, if you know what I'm talking about, you are either Canadian or you've been to my house for the holidays! Because I've shared this concept of Christmas Crackers with fellow Americans and they don't know what it's all about.
I bought a box of Crackers, 2 Christmas's ago in the after Christmas sales. I just can't decided when to use them, I left them in their shinny plastic box last year, because well they're much more fun in a group, and Nick and I don't make up much of a group, and my family usually has their own that my mom bought, so maybe I should take my box of crackers to the other side of my family this year. I could share ask them to share in a tradition that is not only Canadian, but hails from Jolly Ol' England!
This is a picture of a cracker! The white 3 cylindrical thing.....
This is a picture of a family opening their crackers!
After the crack of the firecracker /cap gun like explosion, you'll usually find a tissue paper crown, a joke and some sort of little gift, like a plastic ring or a spinning top.






I'm so proud and happy that you got to read a book in one night! You deserved a lovely night of being cozy, enjoying the candles and drinking a tea along with your favorite book author. :)
ReplyDelete