Monday, December 27, 2010

www.ChristmasInTheYear2010!.com

In the year 2010, Christmas went like this: Wednesday night after working 10 & 12 hour shifts, Nick and I took off towards Ohio. We arrived shortly before 1am! Thursday was the day we were able to have all "the kids" together. Nick had to go shopping first for my present, (took his mom for a 2nd opinion) leaving it to the last minute like always. I enjoyed a relaxing morning since I was home alone.. I enjoyed a bubble bath, wrapped a big present for Grandma, massaged my legs & feet!  Later that night, we ordered pizza and opened presents!  Here are a few pictures from around the Everett Home!



  The following morning was Christmas Eve day, we enjoyed waking up together and had breakfast made by Steph. Then around noon we got back in our car for the 4 hour drive to Canada.  The Christmas Eve service was as wonderful as every year, the babies and kids so loud that you really can't focus on the message! Good thing it really doesn't change! Anyways since I had missed the cantata, I was really excited to know that the choir was going to be singing! I had no idea that the 1 song from the cantata was going to be the one that my mom and cousin did a duet in!!! I was sooo glad I got to hear them! I cry everytime I hear my mom sing!!

After the Christmas Eve Service, we had fondue! It used to be our New Years Eve tradition, but we moved it to Christmas Eve this year, and invited Steph & Bessie... but Steph got sick.. so we replaced her with her kids & grandkid!
How cute is that little boy!!

Here are some pictures from the Austin household!

Saturday morning we had breakfast together then opened more present.
By lunch the rest of my relatives started showing up, and time progressed toward dinner time! Aunt Kathy was sick too, so we were missing her that day!  This would be a picture of my adorable parents! (the crowns come from the Christmas Crackers, a British/Canadian Tradition... see post below)

This is how we spent the whole rest of the eveing... hour and hours of Krokenol!!

This was me cuddling with my dad... shhh  don't tell anyone I'm 24 year old and still sit in my daddy's lap!!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what that game was--although I will still need an explanation. It looks intense. :)

    Glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete