Sunday, December 12, 2010

www.It'sBeginningToLookALotLikeChristmas.com

With Christmas less than 2 weeks away, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! This is a picture of what I'm pretty sure is the prettiest house in Ann Arbor! I took it on the way to church this morning!
The church service was actually their cantata! I was excited about that, and they did really well! It only made me want to go to Canada more, because tonight was my church's last performance of their cantata. My mom was singing a duet, and my dad was singing in the choir! I have seen every single Christmas cantata, and it just doesn't seem like Christmas without it! However Friday night was Hanging of the Greens, which is the first time in 5 years I haven't gone to that either.... The Snow storm was just too bad today to drive there this afternoon. I was fairly upset about that, but it's just life isn't it!
This is a picture of our door, instead of a wreath I put up a bow! I love it! I'll try to get a better picture of it later though....

Our tradition that we started last year, is to collect "E" ornaments each Christmas, something just Nick and I pick out! The 1st picture is last year's ornament, the 2nd picture, is this year's ornament! We found it at Macy's and it was $12.99 on sale for $2.99!
My boss suggested buying Cinnamon buns the other day at work, but I told him not to, because my (mama's) cinnamon buns would be sooo much better, so I had to make them! However it worked out well because I could share them with him, and with the Pollaks.

Nick had suggested we go to see them, so Friday night, since it would be the last time before Christmas we went to hang out with our favourite family!! We picked up a gift for Hailey (the polka-dot robe) and mommy and daddy!
Isn't she just ADORABLE?

Sadly I didn't pull my camera out until after the babies were in bed.... but I got a good amount of baby time this time, since Nick had brought alone Gavin and Ross. We also bought Pizza Hut pizza, deep-dish Mac & Cheese with Bacon, Bread sticks, & Wings.

As I sat their putting Brooklyn to sleep, I couldn't help but.... well first.... love that little baby all curled up in my arms! Sooo wonderful, a feeling that can't be replaced by anything else! I love babies! But 2nd'ly just be amazed at the fact that Jennie, this tiny little girl could grow big enough to grow 4 babies! ...and the Miracle that they are! Jennie & Nich are amazing people to do what they do every day!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post. I love the Christmas-ness and the ornaments ( and the on sale deal!) and the part about the Pollaks. :)

    I'm so sorry you missed the Cantata though. that truly stinks! Way to go for you dad and mom, though! so cool

    ReplyDelete