2 things.
1. I'm over the whole small talk thing... it's stupid. I think it's partly because I work in retail and where else could you be overwhelmed by small talk. I'm really it's the 4th, please stop wishing me a happy new year. The new year has already started, and really how is some stranger's wish for my year to be happy actually going to help? The phrase really only cover's the new part and since that is over... I'm over it. Now if you want to talk about the weather I'm ok with that because I work at the back of the store, and if no one told me what the weather was like outside, I would be royally mad when I get off work 10 hours later and there is snow on the ground!
P.S. All small talk, not just new years... bothers me... "how are you?" that implies that you really want to know, that you know how I am on a regular basis... if you are a customer, you most likely don't know. I like how my boss skips the small talk and jumps right into: Rich Rod got fired! Besides' no one is really honest when they answer that question; fine (really? are you... most people don't think so... they have something to complain about usually), hanging in there (that's my boss's automatic response.. but I usually know how he really is doing and know that his response to customers isn't accurate); terrible (that's what my G'pa says, which he his, but that is normal, so if he really was bad he would say 'fine'). Someone told me the other day, that if everyone put their problems in a pile, you would probably be quick to grab yours back....good thoughts.
2. Today I was in helpful mood. Well tonight really... all day I'm paid to help people but after I had clocked out and arrived at my car, there were 2 windshields that needed the snow wiped off them.... my front and back window's... but since the car beside mine looked like it had been sitting there as long as mine, I figured the owner of the car also worked at Sam's, and so I wiped the snow off the back window of that car as well.... then when I got home and checked my mail, I saw that a fellow apartment resident had dropped a card, so I looked at the address, figured out which apartment it belonged to and then walked the mail to the door, and put it under their welcome mat. That's all... I'll try to do something nice tomorrow too... well actually I might be staying later at work because the bosses boss is visiting tomorrow.....
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment