Sunday, January 23, 2011

www.weekendplans.com

Hi,
I know I said I wasn't going to blog for a while or often but this weekend we really did a lot of stuff so I don't want to forget it by not blogging about it.

Thursday day, Nick went to the movies with Adam and then played WOW with him until 7 when we went out to dinner with Tyler and Ali. There is this event in Ann Arbor that happens 2x a year that's called Restaurant Week. A bunch of restaurants create from their menu a 3 course dinner meal for either $25 each or 2 for $25. So we went to a restaurant called Old Town Tavern. It was yummy and fun to hang out with them... downtown Ann Arbor is really cool and we don't go there enough.

Friday I had to work in the morning and then I came home, made my newest favourite soup, and took it to the Pollak's to hang out with the them and the babies! Jennie and I left Nick at home with Landon for like 10 minutes to go pick up the other 3 kids from day care! Hailey RAN and JUMPED into my arms... it was wonderful! We played with all the babies, and then after they went to bed, the 4 adults played Krokenol! I just love hanging out with them!




Saturday I had to work all day, and as I was walking to my car Nick called me to say we had been invited to Adam and Cheryl's and to bring a dessert. When we got there we were surprised to find that the entire Hoskin's family was there (minus 1 of the 5 boys). They had made a delicious ham as well as potatoes/corn/green beans and a salad. Then afterwards we had game night and played the Game of Things! It was a blast!

This morning we planned on going to church and then if we were invited out to lunch we were going to go, because why not, we hadn't eaten at home in many nights!! However we accidentally slept in.... sad day.

Next weekend, our plans are equally exciting if not more! We booked ourselves a night at the Weber's Inn Hotel in Ann Arbor.  It is probably the nicest hotel in Ann Arbor! You see Saturday is our official 2nd anniversary, and since we have never done anything cool for our anniversaries, and I really need a getaway from WOW, I decided it was worth it to spend the money. Since we're not up for driving anywhere far, and no one ever really stays in a hotel in their own town, why not! I love being different! We're going to use a gift card that we got for Christmas for dinner, and we'll enjoy the hot tub, sauna, pool etc. It should just be wonderful! We're still trying to figure out what to do for breakfast; go to the hotel restaurant or bring something or go somewhere when we check out, but we are planning to bring a snack of fruit or cheese and crackers or something like that!

Update on the job search: still just applying for jobs and contacting local businesses to see if they're hiring. My boss has now come to terms with the fact that I am applying and that I do deserve to do something I love, and that I do think my current job is good for now, but not forever.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great weekend and awesome one coming up! :D

    ReplyDelete