Tuesday, January 11, 2011

www.aBreakFromBlogging.com

I'm taking a break from blogging, if not not a complete break I'm slowing down a lot... at most I'd say I'll post 1-2 times a month. I'm proably not going to check peoples blogs for a while either, so if for some reason you really want me to read it, facebook me and tell me.

Why you ask?

I'm going to be throwing my full effort into job searching. Why? Well that's a silly question but I'll tell you anyways.
1. We could use some more money, not to spend but to save. 2. Because if I get a job by Valentines day, Nick says we can get a Cat!!! 3. I want a job in my field. 4. I want a job that I love. 5 I want a job that makes me get up early in the morning to look pretty!

So what has been happening in the last week or so of my life?

1. Nick and I have been discussing our options related to TV. We're thinking we're going to cancel our cable and use the money that we've been spending on TV and buy Seasons of the shows' that we are recording on our TV anyways.... We just got Nicks computer back so we're planning on watching the shows that are on right now, on their networks websites or on hulu.... so we'll be a week behind - don't spoil anything for us ok!? That's also going to give me more time to play my violin and to job hunt!

1.5. Wednesday, I went to Choir practice at church for the 1st time! I'm excited to be back in a choir but it was nerve-wracking because I didn't know anyone there, not even the choir director... At the practice he introduced me as Brittney Everett and I just realized that this is the beginning of people not knowing me as an Austin at all....I had e-mailed him a few times since our first week there, and in this weeks choir e-mail he announced that I was in the choir, and that my brother and parents had visited the church this past Sunday.

2. Thursday we went to Mel & Kevin's house for a leisurely afternevening of pizza and Friends and Krokenol..... see her post to read all about it!

3. Friday was our first official Date Night that I put on our calendar, but I was sooo tired! So instead of going to the movies like we planned on, we ended up only going to McDonalds to get milkshakes. Date night was supposed to include no game playing, but since I was soo sleepy it didn't matter...

4. Saturday I had to work, but it wasn't just an ordinary Saturday, it was a push for the pharmacy so I wore my newest suit. But I wore the skirt instead of pants, with my hooker boots and I have NEVER gotten hit on soo much in my life... it has lasted more than just that day too because even today I'm still getting comments.

5. Sunday my parents and brother came to visit. They came in time for church, to see if they liked our church! I was soo excited for them to experience.  After church, we went to Red Lobster for lunch. Michael had "struck up a deal" with them that if he passed all of his police tests, they would buy him a lobster. So it worked out for this Sunday. He fell asleep for the afternoon and Nick had to work so the parents and I went to the mall! I got 4 tank tops for $2.50 each! Thats a great deal....

6. I think that is it.  What's coming up, Saturday of this week is the Baby Sprinkle for Angie and her future baby Emma.... I'll get to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while....  I think that's it! I'd love to report soon that I have a new job! Please keep me in prayer!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I dont like you taking a break from blogging because I like to read your posts.

    Good luck on finding a job. This economy is tough and I can understand wanting to do something in your field. I understand.

    We bought a lot of dvd sets too because we didnt think we would be able to afford cable, but we ended up being able to get it for 20 bucks.. I am not sure what is provided for you in your area, but we have comcast..
    Will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thoughts, Britt. For real. I'm proud of your job pursuits.
    I wish I could have see you in all your hotness. That's awesome!

    I just did something awesome yesterday---used my old desktop to permanently plug into the tv so we can get rid of cable too. I can even watch food network and the today show and almost every other show online. It's awesome!

    We need to set up a girls/guys day soonish. Just me and you at your place. Kevin and Nick here.

    Tank tops for $2.50---I'm so jealous! I need more. My white ones are gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the job search! Work hard at it and pray about it non stop and you'll find yourself doing something you love. Joe and I both went through it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete