Saturday, May 14, 2011

www.DISC!!.com

April 14th, 23 days before Nick's birthday I sent out a message to as many of Nick's friends that I could think of in the hopes of pulling together a reunion - Ultimate Frisbee game. As I typed it, 98% of my brain was telling myself, it would NEVER happen. Well yesterday, despite that it was Friday the 13th, Luck was on my side!

With a party planned to start at 3, Matt Hildebrand, whom I haven't seen in a couple years showed up at our apartment to the surprise of Nick at 11am!!! At 11:45, 2 more of his best friends; Ross & Eric also knocked on the door! At this point suspicion was starting to rise. When I came home with a large bag of ICE he knew a party was in store!


I got too much Ice, so I put it in the freezer...
By 3:10pm just about  everyone had arrived (about 15 people), people from as far away as 3 and 5 hours. I sent them off to the park, asking the 2 girls Mel & Cheryl to  hang back with me since I was cooking dinner for everyone and had not yet grilled on my own!  I was very organized so it went smoothly, and we showed up at the park with lots of hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chips, baked beans (& corn on the cob- for the vegetarian), watermelon, oatmeal raisin cookies -(Nick's fav), cake (my fav), pops, ice, and all the other picnic supplies!








We all ate together in a pavilion, then the boys played Frisbee, the girls went for a walk in the gorgeous woods!

Then we cleaned up, went back to the apartment, talked, watched old DVD's of Porchfest, decided to go to the movies, then out to Denny's! We were home about 3:30 and down to only 4 of us.
Sadly, people came and went so we never got a group picture of everyone...


In Nick's words: Best Birthday EVER!

For More pictures click here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.553245251703.2047241.178200535&l=013e7771e0

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to pull off a surprise and had a great turn out of people... Love it!

    ReplyDelete