Monday, May 16, 2011

www.birthday-re-do.com

The weekend following my birthday, before my previous post, my husband and I went to the Oh Canada! It was mostly for my cousin's baby shower, for whom I was a co-hosting with my mother and the mommy-to-be's sister! However Friday, Nicks birthday we arrived home in time for a Chinese dinner, requested by Nick! Many of my closest cousin's/aunts/uncles from both sides of my family we there to celebrate our birthdays!

My mom also made me cupcakes, and put candles on them for my 25th and Nick's/Michael's 24th. We were also showered with cards full of money! A real blessing right now, and I opened a gift from my parents. I had mentioned that I wanted for my 25th, something that I would be able to say forever, that I got on my 25th birthday! I had come to the conclusion that what I wanted as a really nice Soup Tureen since my "thing" is making soups! I also came to the conclusion that the one I wanted, belonged to my mother!
Now my parents paid for our tickets to Les Miserables for my birthday so I didn't really expect anything else, but she said that since it wasn't going to cost her anything, that she thought maybe that she could give me that one! However, inside it was a pearl bracelet to match my pearls that I got for Christmas! 
 The evening felt more like a birthday to me than my acutal birthday did, so thanks everyone that came out!

The following morning, I went to Dairy Queen for my birthday with Earl and Kathy like usual, but also brought along Nick since he said he liked the tradition of getting an Ice Cream cake for his birthday.

My brother was ridiculously sick all weekend so that kind of sucked that he couldn't participate in all the birthday celebrations!

Then after Dairy Queen we had the shower! Here are some pictures from that! The theme was Secret Garden, each table setting had a tea set and dessert of elegant china!
The arbor is from my wedding, but looked great here!
My mom made this cake!
The mommy-to-be and her mom and sister!
This is what I made for the baby's room!
This was my china place settings!

1 comment: