Monday, July 11, 2011

www.anotherJuly4th.com

Wow, the last week has been so busy I don't even know where to begin!

Last weekend, we headed to Ohio for the 4th of July! I just have such amazing memories of the 4th of July! When Nick almost didn't get the Sunday off, I was heartbroken at the thought of missing the fireworks 2 years in a row.

Not only was this a weekend of fireworks, but also a 5K and a Canoe trip! Read on for more details!:

On the way home to Ohio Ross called to make plans for the day and ended up deciding to run the 5K too, never having run a 5K before. Early Saturday morning, Ross, Nick, MomE, DadE, and Randy Jr. all ran the Orrville, Ohio Firecracker 5K. Nick's goal was to run it in 27 minutes, and Ross's goal was to beat Randy Jr. Well Nick came soo close to his goal, running the 5K in 28:46. Ross, hilariously, beat Randy by a couple minutes. Needless to say the group who have been working so hard to get their bodies up to par to run these races were quite frustrated that he could just run it and do so well!

A brunch of breakfast casserole was followed by Ming Hing and a 3D movie for the boys, and shopping and fruity drinks for the girls! I bought a new pair of shoes for Rhoda's wedding! Love them!

The evening ended at Rhoda's family's firework party. We got bit up by a lot of bugs! But before that, we went to a carnival in Canal Fulton. We each splurged and bought fair food! Yum! 

Sunday morning we took off towards the Mohican Valley to go on a 4 hour canoe trip as a family. Nick randomly texted me one day that he wanted to go canoeing with me, and we turned it into an whole family affair.

It was a lot of fun, and Randy and Steph flipped their canoe! it was totally funny! We were all laughing to hard to get pictures as it was happening but I managed to get a few while they were trying to get re-situated in their canoe.




The scenery was beautiful, the exercise was wonderful!


By the time we got to Pizza Hut for lunch, my headache had re-surfaced it's ugly head. I could hardly hold my head up, as soon as we got home, I fell asleep on the floor for a couple hours or so. If I hadn't had napped, I never would have been able to go to the fireworks!



I didn't forget Canada in all this celebrating of American-ness, I wore my Canada tank top to babysit the day before Canada day, and on Canada day, I wore professional, red and white to work. We also took our new lawn chairs to the fireworks, mine being Canadian.

2 comments:

  1. Nick isn't wearing his race bib..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious that Ross came in out of nowhere to beat Randy. I would have been mad too! lol :)

    Just catching up on your blogs--fun times!

    ReplyDelete