Thursday, June 13, 2013

www.MyFirstRedRocksConcert.com

 Tonight, I'm going to my first Red Rocks Concert!

I have been there MANY times before but never for an event - always just to look at the cool structure and share it with family!
"Red Rocks Amphitheater seats up to 9450 people can be seated in the amphitheater, and every seat has an unobstructed view of the stage and perfect acoustics!"
The concert is 7:30-10:45... it's going to be a late night! Luckily I only live about 20 mins from the venue but it will probably take double that to get out of there!

Who is in Concert you ask?
 
"Hillsong LIVE is the congregational expression of worship from Hillsong Church - a local church with global influence.  This local church worship team has a commitment to continually resource the Body of Christ with fresh songs of worship and a deep passion to see people connect with the Living God in a real and personal way.

Their music captures the heart and sound of Hillsong Church globally and represents the coming together of the Hillsong worship team from around the world; including Reuben Morgan, Joel Houston, Ben Fielding, Hillsong UNITED, and international teams from London, Stockholm and Cape Town.  Since 1992, Hillsong LIVE has resourced the local church and received gold and platinum album status multiple times, writing such well known worship songs as "Shout To The Lord", "Inside Out", "Hosanna", "The Stand" and “Mighty to Save”, awarded the 2009 Dove for Worship Song of the Year and currently the #1 CCLI song in the USA and Canada.


Looking to the future, Hillsong LIVE remains committed to inspiring and empowering the authentic worship of Jesus and resourcing the Body of Christ, everywhere."  - as written on the Red Rocks Amphitheater Website!



I've never been to a worship concert like this... let alone an outdoor one where you sit on a rock.
I have soo many questions!

What should I wear? a skirt? pants? shorts?   (temp 82-70 start to finish)
Should I bring a pillow to sit on? Will we sit? Will we Stand?
Can I take my camera and take pictures/video? I hope so!

I'll let you all know about it tomorrow! If you want to peak in on the concert, or the set up this afternoon - go to this website: Red Rocks Webcam!
If you click on this picture and look closely at Denver,
you can't see it because of the smoke from the Black Forest Fire!
Sometimes we've been able to see the airport 40 miles away,
but you can barely see Golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment