This is exciting!!
Nick and I talked "last year of seminary plans" last night.
I'm really excited about what we decided and
wanted to share with you!
I was never settled about Youth Min being his future. Last night he registered for his 2nd last semester of Grad School, he realized he wasn't excited about any of the youth and family ministry classes.
I was never settled about Youth Min being his future. Last night he registered for his 2nd last semester of Grad School, he realized he wasn't excited about any of the youth and family ministry classes.
So he's dropping the concentration
and just getting an MDiv. What this
means is, he can take 1 less class and he can choose some other electives that
are more interesting to him (like Religious Pluralism and Demonology). It also
gives him more flexibility in when he takes the electives (there weren't any
more Youth electives offered in the summer) so now he isn't cramming too many
classes in with Greek & Hebrew! He has to take 1 more semester of Hebrew
now which he's excited about - because he's really enjoying Hebrew!!
We talked about his gifts and passions and where he could see himself, and where I could see him and we've decided that it would be great for both of us to work in a college town. He was encouraged by hearing my thoughts, and I liked hearing they way his heart was leading....He likes working with youth but doesn't get as deep into theological discussions with them as much as he enjoys. One of the reasons he decided to come to seminary is when his best friend started having mega doubts about God. He really feels called to help people find answers. He felt his heart strings tug when he went to of the homeless shelter. He really loved his Apologetic class is really concerned with the number of professor's teaching relativism and other theories and philosophies that go against the TRUTH.
We are thinking ideally if he could be a college aged pastor/leader at a church in a city (like Ann Arbor, Windsor, London, Toledo, Cleveland, or bigger.... but those are contender's) where there are a lot of students with questions attending a secular school that would fulfill a lot of his passions.
We talked about his gifts and passions and where he could see himself, and where I could see him and we've decided that it would be great for both of us to work in a college town. He was encouraged by hearing my thoughts, and I liked hearing they way his heart was leading....He likes working with youth but doesn't get as deep into theological discussions with them as much as he enjoys. One of the reasons he decided to come to seminary is when his best friend started having mega doubts about God. He really feels called to help people find answers. He felt his heart strings tug when he went to of the homeless shelter. He really loved his Apologetic class is really concerned with the number of professor's teaching relativism and other theories and philosophies that go against the TRUTH.
We are thinking ideally if he could be a college aged pastor/leader at a church in a city (like Ann Arbor, Windsor, London, Toledo, Cleveland, or bigger.... but those are contender's) where there are a lot of students with questions attending a secular school that would fulfill a lot of his passions.
That also works with what I feel
fits my personality and gifts. I have been thinking for a while that I would
thrive in a University setting. So we're dreaming at this point, that if I were
to work at a University, he could be a lifelong learner for free, (I could also
take graphic design classes) as well as since he has a Master's could teach a
course or 2, and take classes towards a Doctorate. I know working at a secular
university would be different from a Christian one obviously, but depending on
what kind of role I ended up in we could really build relationships with
students. He would still be working out of the church though, not with Campus
Crusades.
I am going to focus any job
searching I do out here at Denver University or the University of Colorado!
Even the other day I had driven down into the University part of town for the
first time and got so excited and told Nick we needed to spend more time there.





No comments:
Post a Comment