Goodmorning. Good Afternoon. Good Evening. Goodnight. (pick one)
Its funny how plans never quite work out the way that you plan them to. This weekend we were thinking we were going to get to spend some time at home in Ohio, but that didn't work out. I miss Nicks parents..... We did end up in Ohio on Saturday for John and Lauren's wedding which was near Cleveland. We drove in the pouring rain to Adams house in the Toledo area, then the 4 of us piled in the minivan and Adam drove to the wedding. I don't really know John or Lauren well, but Nick is friends with John. They came to our wedding. The colours were green and pink, and the father of the bride was the pastor and the musician. It was an interesting wedding, in that all the guests wanted to put his foot in his mouth to stop him from insulting his other daughters. Interesting.
The wedding was at 2 and the reception started at 6 which really ended up starting at 7pm. Soo what do you do in a strange town outside of Cleveland for 3 hours, right before you are supposed to eat a free meal? You pile as many people in a mini van as you can and drive into Cleveland to the Hard Rock Cafe of course! Nick and I, as well as Frank Meeley III, Brooke Cooper, Dave Sellers, and Cheryl and Adam all arrived in downtown Cleveland and enjoyed yummy -somewhat expensive - apple cobblers, hickory bacon cheeseburger, nachos, fancy drinks, and appitizer platters. It was a BLAST hanging out with these people. Travis was in the wedding party so at the reception we got to hang out with him too!
After the wedding we drove home- Nick and I were both half asleep in the back while Adam was driving. Sunday we enjoyed the day together as husband and wife. We scrapbooked and played with magic cards. (Friday night I spent several hours re-organizing my scrapbook stuff, so I can more easily scrapbook if I only have a little bit of time... it's so hard to get everything out - scrapbook for a bit and then have to clean up again..) I only got 1 double page spread of the honeymoon pics - and I'm excited to keep scrapbooking!
Then we took a veggie lazagna over to the Pollaks house and started cooking it while we waited for them to come home! We played with Hailey, and enjoyed their company. Hailey and I danced as blanket princesses for a while! Then after she finally fell asleep we played Settlers and ate Cake! Hmm Jennie is getting quite large! But adorable! Nich apparently had amazing luck all day which finaleed with his win in Settlers. So even tho, I still have not won - we had fun! A little blast from the past weekend!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment