Then we sent Dad on a run to get the pizza's and the 3 of us, Nick, his mom and I all went for a quick run just out of curiosity to see how fast she ran, and to see if we were going to be able to run the next morning in the Orrville Firecracker 5K!!!! We ran around the block/fast walked so as to not wear our selves out for the next morning. When we arrived back at the house, we found Steph and the pizza's were there... We felt slightly bad because Steph actually arrived before dad and the pizza's so she wasn't sure Randy had relayed the right message to her. He told her, we'd ordered pizza and we were all there.... but that wasn't quite what she found! Anyway's it was great to hang out with ALL of us!!! So unplanned and just wonderful!
After we'd been visited out, and everyone left or went to bed, Nick and I cuddled up on the couch to watch TV at 9:30 and were both Out Cold in no time! At 12:30 we headed up to bed where we slept soundly until 7am. We woke up early to get ready to go to the 5K!
I had decided I would be wise to walk this one with Dad instead of killing myself and running....maybe one day I can work up to running, just not in 1 week! I was impressed with the pace at which we walked, and even jogged a little bit. The 2 of us shaved of 3 minutes of his record time, walking the 5K at 46:06 minutes. Nick's first race ended with a total score of 30:40, and mom shaved 3 minutes off her time as well, beating Nick at 27:something? There were 200+ people at this race, so this was the first race that she didn't place 1st in her age group, but still a great run, beating her personal time! We got free T-shirts too!
After the race, and the shower that followed, Eric and Rhoda met us at his house, and the 4 of us went to Clay's Park - a water park we went to last year with the Grismers! We had a great time, loved hanging out with just the 2 of them! We swam, played Frisbee in the water and went mini golfing. 
We didn't realize how burnt we were, despite the application of the sunscreen until we arrived home. Oh my I am sooooo burnt, more burnt I think than I have ever been in my life, and that is saying something because I have had more than my share of burns in my 24 years. All 4 of us are feeling the burn of that hot day outside!
(The picture doesn't really do it justice and it is front and back and I was wearing a bikini - so my belly is burnt too!)
Needless to say, after the 5K+ the sunburn of a lifetime, we are Quite SORE!!! I'm a slow walker now, who takes pain killers to survive! We grilled some yummy hot dogs on Dad's "sexy grill" as Nick called it, Eric and Rhoda left and we went to shower off the beach water and sand..... If you've ever been really burnt, you know how awful a shower can be because you are already burning and on fire, but you also end up with the chills, so you want a hot shower, but the heat burns the burn even more! After my shower my body was in such shock that I was laying on the floor in my birthday suit, cuz it is the only thing I could wear, convulsing with the shivers.... I'm a thinking that is pretty darn bad!
If that's not enough, we still hadn't seen Ross and Clare yet, so after carefully applying clothes to our sore bodies, we headed out to crash our annual 4th of July Grismer party. This year in a new location at his Aunts house! We loved seeing them as usual, and even got to see a fireworks show which we weren't sure we were going to see! We were soo tired, especially Nick because he usually sleeps during the day and we had had such a full day!! We arrived home at 11:30 and went right to bed!
At 7am (6:30 for Nick cuz he was in such pain) we got up to go out to breakfast with the fam and Grandma Marion. However it was a rough start. Due to my lack of drinking liquid while sleeping, I'm pretty sure the sunburn dehydrated me and I was in that "almost passing out" state for about 5 minutes, Nick got me water and walked me to the bathroom and I was fine after I got some liquid in me. I had an omlette at breakfast, and we left for home right after breakfast!
It was a jam-packed weekend - but a fun one!




No comments:
Post a Comment