(plus she got to hang out on the couch that she grew up on!)Betsy is a friend of mine from University; we lived on the same floor Freshman year and in the same house Senior Year. We were friends all 4 years. We have continued to be friends even after we departed ways! Senior year we got the closest! She would ask for a back crack, I would tickle her, we had a lot of great talks in their little desk room. We shared a lot of clothes, in fact she would borrow my clothes without even asking, and I would wish I hope I could keep half her clothes - we were a great match!
Anyways, she has moved back to MI from Connecticut where she was living out her dream to be in NYC, and where she nannied a family. She felt called back here to teach inner city Detroit kids. She has accepted a job at a charter school teaching 2nd grade! Which means she now lives about 30-35 minutes away from me!!! Woot.
I've been soo antsy for her to get back to MI, that I "booked" her for tonight. We met at my apartment, after a tour, took off for Panera Bread, where we felt a bit like Sex in the City girls, eating our salads, talking about our lives. After the dinner, we stopped in at Barnes & Noble to pick up the book I had reserved for me, then went shopping at The Happy Goodman store, aka Home Goods... (I can never remember what its actually called, but remember the "H" and the word Good so I make stuff up.) Anyways she had looked it up to see where the closest one was to her, and the internet search said there were none close, but I knew it was there so she was sooo excited! I'm excited because now every time she wants to go shopping there, she can come see meeeee!!!!
After shopping there, we decided since it was girls night out, we'd watch a girly movie so we drove my the movie theater to see if there was anything we wanted to watch, nothing, then we went to Wal-mart to check out what the red box had to offer, nothing - so we shopped - ended up buying the movie "Valentine's Day". I enjoyed it a lot!
Here is a montage of pictures of Betsy and I!:












No comments:
Post a Comment