Friday, July 23, 2010

www.I'mRunningOutOfCreativeNewTitles.com

Hi,

I was driving into Ann Arbor today, by myself, thinking.... I was thinking about how cool it is that I am doing this! By "this" I mean; living here, on my own (well with Nick), living in a big city, going cool places, finding my way around this crazy metropolis in such a short time! It was a thought that stuck from something that my mom said when Helen and my mom were here...
Flash Forward 1 Hour: I have given up on trying to find a parking spot and/or my friends' house where I was told I could park to go to the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair. I didn't really want to go that much by myself anyways, and it was about 100 degrees. Anyways, I'm beginning to feel like a failure!

I ended up going to to Target to buy what I needed to, and then headed home! I was going to go the backroads again, but made a wrong turn and ended up LOST. Now I felt like such a huge failure!

But I redeemed my pride, I made an incredibly yummy dinner for my parents, which I think looked pretty cool too! I made a salad buffet for appitizers, then I made a California Cheeseburger Pie (it's a recipe I've been wanting to try for a long time, but didn't think Nick would eat!), for drinks I made a Raspberry Ice Tea with Raspberries frozen in the ice cubes! For dessert I served a home made cream-sicle milkshake! Yum!
The best part is mom asked for seconds on the Pie!! How exciting is that!?! If you know my mother's eating habits, you know that is a huge deal!
After dinner we watched Valentine's Day! Great movie!

In the last couple nights I finished my Freshman/Sophomore year scrapbook. Last night, I started my Junior/Senior scrapbook and I'm pretty excited about it!
I recently heard about 1 friend having a baby! Yeah Shelby! Another friend getting engaged this week! Yeah Carrie Heider! 2 friends getting married tomorrow, yeah Brooke & Steve! My mom's cousin passed away the other night, so I think I have experienced all aspects of the circle of life in such a short period of time!! Crazy life I live!
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment