Then this weekend at 3pm Melissa walked down the aisle arm in arm with her mama!
However it wasn't that simple, because Melissa is such a laid back person and had gotten to the point in wedding planning where she just wanted it to be over! There were a lot of details that never got planned... there were so many times that I jumped in and made things happen. When Angie, one of the bridesmaids needed a new place to spend the night due to allergies to MG's dog Lucy, I offered our place, then I transported her anywhere she needed to go since I knew the area. When it was raining and the wedding party needed places to have their picture taken, they came to our house for pictures. I came up with the coolest picture idea, and went crazy making it happen. Don't they look great though!? I loved seeing Mandy again - it's been soooo long!!
Friday night, after the rehearsal and the dinner, we partied in Melissa's car port, drank tea! Then we talked, it was great!! We needed to go to the store to get hairspray and bobby pins, we also needed to pick up the bird cage for the envelopes. Since we were going out anyways her mom asked us to pick up some salt. She was cooking all the food for the wedding and needed more salt. At this point it was 11:15 and we were in Chatham. Nothing is open that late at night in Chatham, except Shoppers Drugmart and we thought Wal-mart, but we were wrong. Shoppers was out of salt, so we ended up getting salt from my house. I put it in a ziplock bag, but it wasn't long before the birdcage ripped a whole in the bag and the salt was all over the backseat of my car.... well since I had a ton of screaming girls in my car, and it was late at night - I stopped the car in the middle of a back road, in a dark sketchy area...... To keep the salt from attacking my backseat Bethany hung the baggy of white powder out the window....

Melissa had bought bubbles and had coordinated people to pass them out, but didn't have a plan for what was going to happen with the bubbles, she also kind of assumed that a receiving line would just happen, but that takes some coordination too.... so I made all of these things happen!! I came to the conclusion this weekend that the reason I do all of this is because I hate to see an event not reach it's potential.
OOOh and did I mention, she asked me to do a reading!?! I was soo honoured!! My mom was the photographer, my dad the soundman!!! I am soo blessed to be a part of a family that my friends aren't afraid to ask anything of them! I have amazing family!






am i the other friend to become a barney? hehe and thank you so much for transporting me everywhere and providing your home for me to stay :)
ReplyDelete