Tuesday, August 31, 2010

www.GreenAppleSnowCone.com

Tonight, Tyler is over..... I made all of us Green Apple Snow Cones, in Cosmo glasses, with red straws!!! Delish!! Can you picture it? because by the time I got out my camera, I'm thinking it would melt.
Actually you're in luck, I decided to use my phone camera!

So as I drink my green apple snow cone, I thought I'd catch you up on my life since last weekend! Lots of blog worthy events occurred, however I've been too lazy to post! And since I'm still in the mood of Laz, I'm going to write in whatever order I think of things, and in a list type format!

1. Saturday, Nick awoke at 7am to play in the Magic Championship tournament that he qualified for! He played for a total of 11 hours, with the goal of winning the 1 ticket to the World Championship in Japan! He fell 2 games short of winning, getting 4th overall out of almost 500 people around the world!!! He still did fantastic!

2. Friday, Mom & Aunt Steph came for a visit! They shopped all morning while I worked til 1:30, then they met me at Sam's where we wondered around for a bit, then went home to show off my apartment to Steph! I was soo glad she got to see where and how we're living! After that, Nick and the 3 of us went to Bob Evans for lunch/breakfast & the to the park! The park that I love at Ford Lake! After the park, we stopped back in a Sam's to pick up Nicks new cell phone which came in, and introduce my boss to my mom (and Steph)

3. Sunday, we went to church, the service was way too long for our liking, but I can totally picture me at that church, better than any of the other ones we've tried.
4. After church, we napped until Mom and Dad arrived at 2:42. At 2:46 Nick left to go to work, but they were just stopping in, in the midst of a day trip date! Mom brought the pictures for Melissa and Jake from their wedding, but got hooked on a TV show so ended up staying for an hour! I just love random, no pressure visits!

5. After Mom and Dad left, I went to the Pollaks, and they went back to our park, to show dad, and to take pictures! 6. At the Pollaks, I helped Jennie make Hailey's Halloween costume, as well as loved on those adorable babies! Hailey and Nich had gone to a movie, so I only saw her for about 20 minutes before it was bedtime! But the first words out of her mouth were "come look at my room!" Hailey starts preschool soon, and the babies are making progress! I just adored cuddling with Landon!

7. Do you realize that this is my 3rd September NOT going to SAU? It seems unreal!
8. Nick and I had a moment of weakness and brought the mattress back into the living room on Friday night (1st time doing that in our new apartment), returning it to the bedroom tonight....

9. Nick's had to work a few extra hours this week because of stupid people at his work, he worked 12.5 hours yesterday..... 10. I went running again this week, I think I've got a good pattern going... tell me what you think.... run 1 time every 2 weeks? lol!!!

11. I'm starting to get used to my new phone, still not fluent in it yet..... but happy with all my ring tones, although the quality of speaker isn't as good on this one as on my old one and Nicks new one (which is the same as mine...)

12. My boss is officially on paternity leave until the 20th, so I'm in charge! I have a lot of responsibilities the next couple weeks, as well as getting a few more hours as well.
13. OOh on the way home from Jennie's I stopped in at Melissa and Jakes to drop off their pictures! I was soo grateful to see their apartment, I like to know my friends environments, and how they are living. I'm soo excited for them to be married!

14. After Nich got back from the movies, and Hailey was in bed, we put in the DVD of their Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Audition Tape.... It was pretty good and I just hope they get it! They are such a deserving family!! When it came to the part of the "nomination" done by Pastor Ken, they were crying when they watched it! They were soo touched by his perspective on the story, and all the wonderful things he said about them!

15. And since I like to end things on a good number, I'll tell you what I made for dinner last night. I made a breakfast casserole; potatoes on the bottom (hash browns in our case), then browned maple sausage, cubed bread - doused in a milk & eggs mixture, coated in cheese and baked. Once cooked, drizzled with maple syrup. I had the whole thing ready to go to take with me for lunch today, even the syrup in a small container, and I FORGOT to bring it!
16. Ahh for the heck of it, I'm adding a picture of my hair... the other night I braided it myself - I instantly turned into a 4-year old!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how this happened, but I missed this post completely! Why was the mattress in the living room? I don't understand that story.. I am bit slow, forgive me.. Thanks for the cooking encouragement.. I wonder what I will make today.. Trying to learn...

    ReplyDelete