Sunday, August 15, 2010

www.newFamily.com

4 years ago I got the privilege of being the RA to 30 of the most beautiful girls. 24 of them were Freshman and the rest were Sophomores. But they all could have been models! I don't know how I got soo lucky! These girls were beautiful not just on the outside, but on the inside too. These girls were crazy fun, amazing girls, who made one of my favourite years of college soo much more enjoyable. I was proud to be the RA of these girls:
Anyways, this weekend one of my girls got married! At least 9 of them are married now and 2 are engaged that I can think of. I started thinking about why I didn't get invited to their weddings. Well I went to 1 of the 9 weddings, but the reality is; although the girls got really close, and they all loved me, I had my own friends already. Which got me thinking, why did I get invited to my Freshman year RA's wedding? Well, the sad truth is that when she became an RA all of her friends didn't put forth the effort to continue their friendship! BUT their loss was my gain! I am sooo glad that Jennie's friends ditched her, so she was open to new friendships! I am so blessed that I get the priveledge of being her friend. She amazes me on a daily basis!
Anyways this past weekend Kate Shaffer got married to Nathan Price.


She was roommates with Kathleen, Kathleen and her had been best friends since high school and practically sisters. Kathleen was the maid of honour.
2 other girls from U-hall 2nd West were in the wedding party! Jayme & Scarlet. Scarlet actuall married Kate's brother like 2 years ago!
After looking through a bunch of Kate's pictures I couldn't help but think about how cool marriage is. This once, little freshman girl who was so cute that all the guys came to Kate & Kathleen's room, now is starting out a life with a really good guy. They will begin something that right now seems so young and fresh, but that will blossom into I can only imagine a relationship that will bless so many other's. Their talents, their personalities and goals in life are going to make such a difference in this world.
This weekend I had that feeling of our relationship. Nick's parents came over this weekend (see post below) and I feel like they still see Nick as a little boy, not a married man who supports a wife, lives in a big city far away from home. I still often feel like it's not real. It's just so weird imagining some of my girls as full-fledged married women!

1 comment: