i CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY FEELINGS TONIGHT OTHER THAN ONE OF SADDNESS. nOW i KNOW i CAN BLAME IT ON INTERNAL INFLUENCES, BUT MY EMOTIONS LED ME TO FEEL BAD ENOUGH THAT i DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE CALORIES IN THE LARGE cADBURY cARMELLO CHOCOLATE BAR THAT i ATE. tHAT'S SAYING ALOT BECAUSE i DON'T USUALLY STOOP TO THE LEVEL OF THE SORRY aMERICAN EXCUSE OF A cANADIAN cARAMILK.
aNYWAYS TO EXPLAIN MY EMOTIONS, tHEY ARE RELATED TO MY FRIEND SITUATION.
i'M SOOO FRUSTRATED WITH THE DIFFICULTY i'M HAVING KEEPING MY PREVIOUS FRIENDS, THEY EITHER LIVE TOO FAR AWAY, LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, DON'T HAVE DRIVER'S LICENCES, ARE TOO BUSY..... i'VE DONE MY PART, COMMENTED ON STATUS'S & BLOGS, SUGGESTED MEETINGS/GATHERINGS/HANGOUTS, SENT TEXT MESSAGES, CALLED FRIENDS, ETC. aLL THE THINGS THAT YOU'D LIKE COULD KEEP YOU SOME FRIENDS....
2NDLY i AM FRUSTRATED WITH THE MAKING NEW FRIENDS PROCESS.... wE CAN'T DECIDE ON A CHURCH, AND WE DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO TRY OUT NEW ONES AS FAST AS i WOULD LIKE. i DON'T REALLY KNOW OF ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE THE KIND OF FRIEND THAT i'M LOOKING FOR.
3RDLY, iTS REALLY HARD FOR ME WHEN i LOOK ON FACEBOOK AND READ ALL MY "FACEBOOK FRIENDS" LIVING LIVES THAT ARE HAPPY AND EXCITING AND MORE EXCITING THAN MINE.... i GET JEALOUS..... i CONSIDERED BOYCOTTING FACEBOOK ALTOGETHER TONIGHT....
but THAT'S ALL I HAVE: FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK SO i CAN'T JUST DROP FACEBOOK ALL TOGETHER.... THE ONLY FRIENDS THAT i FEEL LIKE i STILL HAVE ARE THE FRIENDSHIPS i CONTINUE TO COMMUNICATE WITH IN THE fACEBOOK tHREAD THAT WE'VE SHARED FOR WHAT IS STARTING TO BE OUR 4TH YEAR!!! holy cow!!!
( jENNIE - i KNOW YOU READ THIS AND YOU DON'T COUNT! yOU ARE A DIFFERENT KIND OF FRIEND - wE DO WHAT WE CAN TO KEEP UP OUR FRIENDSHIP! i UNDERSTAND YOUR STAGE OF LIFE MAKING YOUR TRAVELLING TO SEE ME A LITTLE MORE DIFFICULT!! aND i COME SEE YOU WHEN i CAN!!! tHANK you FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP! yOU'RE ABOUT ALL i'VE GOT! AND i LOVE YOU! )
sO WHAT DO i DO?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




I know what you mean...it took us quite a while to get plugged in at a church but that really made all the difference for us. I know it is hard but this is a stage in getting settled - it's hard between college life when all your friends are right there and "real" life when you all have jobs and move away. It will get better though, and you'll find new friends who are at the same stage in life as you are. Hang in there...and if you want to get together next week I'll come visit you (if you don't mind a little visitor as well :)
ReplyDeleteBrittany.. I totally get this.. Drew and I are in the same boat trying to find a church and get connected.. It seems like we continue to try, but nothing fits or we don't have the energy to keep looking into churches. Or we are on complete different schedules and we don’t have the energy to go to church…
ReplyDeleteThe friendship thing... That sucks too! It can be so emotionally draining to make things happen with people... I feel very distant from my friends too.. It seems as if their lives are so exciting, or their jobs are.. I feel like I am stuck! The one thing that I have learned is " Comparison is the thief of Joy", which is so true.. I start to compare myself to other, and then I get jealous and get angry about the stage I am at in life... I know it is hard to not compare yourself to someone else. I just try to remain focused on the idea that if compare, i will lose my joy. Inevitably, I still compare myself to others. I feel like my books are my friends…LOL. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever want to meet halfway between Ann Arbor and GR, I am totally in! Would love to have coffee and a book club meeting :) Love you friend!
you know i understand too..it is hard when all our friends are far away and we are having families and jobs etc....:/
ReplyDeleteoh brittney. me having a driver's liscense probably wouldn't make that much of a difference until we get a new car within the year hopefully. Jake's car cannot make it there. sorry, but you can come visit whenever you want. Just call or tell me when you are coming. :)
ReplyDelete