Hi,
A couple weeks ago, Jennie asked me if I could help her with the babies audiology appointment today, and I forgot to ask my boss if I could switch shifts until she asked me again on Tuesday. I was able to switch shifts and therefore I worked 9-12:30 and then booked it to UofM while eating my PB&J sandwich at the red lights. I clocked out at 12:32 and was at the top of the parking garage and found my way down to the right clinic by 1:02. The 1st appointment was at 1pm but I found Jennie and all her kids, as well as her Meme(Grandma) and Meme's friend..... So the appointments began with Landon and Jennie, so Meme and her friend took care of Brennan and Brooklyn and Hailey and I went off on our own to play in the hospital! We rode up and down and up and down the escalator! Hailey was scared to do it on her own half the time, but then she would surprise me and get on and off on her own! We stopped back in to see how the appointments were going, they switched to the other 2 babies, and so Hailey and I went outside into this gorgeous courtyard... we found this really cool storybook house for kids to play in and a little playground! We had a blast spinning around the spinny thing.....
We arrived back to the clinic just in time. All three babies we done! So Meme and her friend took Hailey home for the weekend, because Nich & Jennie are leaving tomorrow to go to a wedding in Kentucky! Jennie, the babies and I went to their next appointment! They were running behind so we sat in a really small room with 2 adults and a quad stroller full of babies and their stuff. We had noticed that Landon's button (where his feeding tube goes into) had been leaking again, so I suggested while we were already at the hospital she take him to the pediatric surgeon..... sooo when the doctor finally got there, we had her look at Landon first, and then Jennie carried the 21 pound Lando all the way to have them fix/replace it! That meant I was in charge of the other 2 babies for the remainder of their appointment! I had to keep them from crying - I was unsuccessful, and then hold them still while the doctor poked metal things in their ears! They were not happy about that! I also had to remember/understand everything the doctor told me to relay to Jennie.
Then I headed out to the lobby where Big Bird resides, and waited for Jennie. BUT Brooklyn was being a Drama Queen and would not stop crying unless being held, but I was also feeding Brennan... so I held her, and while bouncing her, kept the bottle in Brennan's mouth! I offered to make dinner for Jennie at our apartment but after realizing how tiring it was to get the babies into the car, and the fact that she didn't have anymore food's prepared for the babies.... we decided she would be too tired to attempt all that!
That might seem like a lot of work to you, but that is what they do all day long....... and I would do anything I can to help them! They are such and incredible and well deserving family!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




see you are all set to have a baby of your own! ;) hehe
ReplyDelete