I can't believe how long its been since I posted, I am going to blame it on 2 things, how much fun we've been having and the fact that our entire apartment complex was out of power for 2.5 hours the other night...
= being thrown off....
So right now as I am typing I'm listening to my new Pandora radio station called "New Old Hymns"...
= wonderfulness
Allow me to back up several days and give you an overview of what has been happening... I think I left off with the new schedule of Nick! Tonight is his last scheduled MIDNIGHT SHIFT!!!!!
= exciting and more pending excitement!!
Friday we drove to Ohio again, for the purpose of seeing Joe and Rochelle who had come home for the weekend to see friends and family from their new home in Colorado. Nick ran with his mom (I biked) when we first got home, but for later Friday night we had big plans! It was my first ever High School Football Game Experience!!! A long time ago I said that that I wanted my first football experience to be at Nicks high school! It worked out perfectly that that Friday night, the Dalton Bulldogs were playing their biggest rivals the Smithville Smitty's (lame name right?). I had a lot of questions, and a lot of people could not believe that that was my first time! It's such a part of the American culture... now at the age of 24 I can say I have experienced it! So there I was sitting dressed in Orange and Black, the bulldog's colours... cheering and looking everywhere so as to not miss a thing.... Nick even got me nacho's and cheese! I was impressed by the marching band (never seen one before), the crazy people dressed/or painted in ridiculous things, and I'd never seen cheerleaders before.... I loved that it wasn't just Nick and I too, we spend the night with the whole Roebuck family (Brett & Susan, Emily & Easton, Bethany, Joe & Rochelle, Ross & Clare)! Oh by the way, We won! 27-0!!!!
= Does it get much better than that?
After the game we went back to the Roebucks house, where the girls hung out with 4 week-old baby Easton, until the boys were done playing at the 5th Quarter Church party, and then us young folk all went into Massilon to the Ihop! Oh and we picked up Mike on the way, (he's the guy who drove to our wedding the day after he'd broken his arm in a stick shift pick-up truck and then turned around and drove all the way back to Indiana the same day!). The boys acted like boys and built a tower out of sugars, creamers, jam packets and salt & pepper shakers. It was so nice to just chill and hang out with friends again!!
=Nick has such great friends!!!
That was a late night, as was the next one! It began with not much of a plan, we had to wait til evening to hang out with Joe & Rochelle again because they had family stuff all day, so Nick and I slept in and when we finally decided to do something for the day, we hopped on some bicycles and went for a ride on the open country ro-ads.. it was beautiful!!! The rolling hills, although beautiful; a challenge on bikes, were worth the fight up the hills for the fun downhill rides, wind in our hair, eyes on the gorgeous feilds and barns etc. It was such a beautiful afternoon, the weather was perfect! We considered biking all the way to his Grandma's but Nicks legs were sore from the run the day before....
= wonderfully random fun afternoon together.
After our bikeride we drove to see the Grandma's but his previously "hermit-like" Grandma who recently has started dating this dude, ironically was not home, so glad we didn't bike all the way there to find out she wasn't home! So we went to his other Grandma's, she was home and we woke her up from a nap! But she was so glad to see us! We chatted for an hour or so, then headed home for home-made Enchilada's! Nick wasn't sure he would like them, but he did!! Nick's parents had gone out on their bikes that day to a Log Cabin Home tour out of town, and so we were on our own for the day, but the enchilada's were leftover from the meal the night before that we didn't eat because we were at the game....
= yummy food and exciting new dinner plans for us now that Nick likes enchilada's!
When we got the call from Ross that it was ok for us to head over to the Roebucks, we took our time getting there, but still were met by extended family members that hadn't left yet.... minutes after arriving, Nick's parents drove by on their bikes, and honked at us, (we just misssed them).... oh well.... we sat by the campfire for a while, my first of the summer by the way... but eventually after giving in to Rochelle's plea's to go to the Dariette, we enjoyed ice cream outside at a picnic table! I got a Mocha Milkshake, which was yummy to drink but also really fun to say!
= great times, good memories
After going to the Dariette, we sat by the fire with just Ross & Clare talking as grown-up adults... ok actually we were playing a lame version of Truth or Dare..... then as the night got later and later, somehow we agree'd to go to Ross & Clare's.... I don't really remember why, I think it was something to do with Nick wanting to go to Wal-mart with Ross, and sending me home with Clare to help clean/get ready for the Joe & Rochelle Friend party that was planned for Sunday afternoon, the time we were actually schedule to hang out with them (we were lucky that we got to hang out with them all 3 days we were there)... so we left there around 2:30 am!
= tired, but love hanging out with them!
Sunday morning, we slept in again because, well we had stayed up really late, but Nick's mom had made a stew for lunch that we were excited to eat... it smelled so good! We finally got to hang out with them a bit, but it was really ok because we'd hung out with them the weekend before.... then a while before the party was supposed to start, we arrived at Ross & Clare's to help them finish getting ready, cleaning the house, making food etc. It was wonderful again of course hanging out with Ross/Clare, Eric/Rhoda, Joe/Rochelle and us - the four couples!!!! The party was mostly us, which we were fine with and then intersperse throughout the afternoon/evening others would stop in to see them! Most of them I didn't really know so I just played with their most adorable cat named Queen Lucious, but more often called Fatty. We left there at 11pm an drove back to Michigan arriving at like 2:30...
= another late night!
Twas a great weekend!!
I had made brownie's the Wednesday before we left for our "new" neighbours, which I was sure I had heard, but today I saw one of the office girls leaving the apartment with a new lady, so I don't know what I heard before, but the brownies were eaten by us taken to Ohio, so we wouldn't eat them all by ourselves.....
= now what do I do to welcome the new resident... more brownies?
Tuesday of this week, Ben had come over to hang out with Nick, and the 2 of them went into Ann Arbor to eat lunch with Tyler and his girlfriend Ali while I was at work... boohooo.... but when I got home from work I was sad to find that our entire apartment complex was out of power.. we were all hoping that it would come back on by 8 when all the new show's started! It was premiere week for goodness sake!! Of all the times the power could go out - why on the first Glee of the Season?! Anyways from 7pm-9:36pm we had no power.. not cool. After Ben left to go home to a world that had power, we went to take a nap, which was interrupted by all the lights coming on... so I turned them off and kept sleeping.... Nick had to work at 11 so it wasn't until then that I could start with my usual internet checking... blogs, facebook, e-mails etc. and then doing all the other things that I do at night, such as buy groceries and other random such things..... like washing dishes, folding laundry yada-yada...
= another late night.
Then Wednesday happened, I only had to work til 1:30 and then I drove by myself to Canada to go to the premiere week of the New Capital Theater in Chatham! I made dinner for my family, and then went with them and Jaspreet and Aunt Steph to see Bill Cosby! He was very funny! His whole story was about the bible and men and women, but he would go on tangents.... my favourite was when he said:
(he was talking about how the snake was something (Satan) before God made it a snake...)
He wondered what Penguins did to make God so mad that he made them without knees!! And then he dressed them in Tuxedo's but they can't eat in the real fancy restaurants because they didn't have ties! He also wondered about baboons too - what did they do to make God so mad that they had to live with their butts exposed for all time!
= Sore cheeks from laughing and smiling and a lot of PRIDE for my hometown of Chatham!!
After the show, I drove Jaspreet home (the whole 1.4 minutes it is between my parents house and hers...) and then hung out with my parents, until I finally said I need to drive home! My brother had been building a weight holder for Nick's weights for our birthdays (in May) and finished it that night, so I packed it up in my car, leaving Chatham at 1am (stopping in to pick up some stuff for Melissa) and arriving home at 2:30! I didn't see a single car at the border at 2am!
= I made excellent time, but was sooo tired!
This weekend we are also busy so we'll see how late we stay up this weekend, and since it is 2:24am and I'm just finishing typing this now, I'm going to add the pictures later.... so check back to see pictures or look at what I've recently posted on Facebook!!!!
Love you all!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




haha i was surprised too how long its been since u blogged ha
ReplyDeleteI know. I think I have blogged.. like 10 times since you blogged your last post. anyways. I was going to say about the football game. CK had a football team but I never went to any games. The first one I went to was with Andrea to Joe's college game at Central. Andrea thought it was funny that I had only seen marching bands in movies haha. This was before Joe turned pro. It was a good experience but I still don't like football. I miss watching Jake play soccer though. now THAT i loved.
ReplyDelete