Monday, September 6, 2010

www.AweekendWithNicksFriends.com

Friday I got off work at 1:30 and hung out with Cheryl until 12:15. We baked cup chocolate cakes, frosted and sprinkled them. We watched a movie and then spent the rest of the evening talking. We talked into the night and then went into Ann Arbor to Denny's once Adam got off work and met Nick, Tyler & Ali, and Chris. We stayed there until 2:40ish. It rained the whole time and the power went of 2 or 3 times!! We kept hoping it would go off and we wouldn't be able to pay with our cards.....

Late nights mean sleeping in but we had plans with Chris and Katie in the early afternoon so we woke up and played some Connect 4 then rondez-vous'd with them. After I gave Katie a tour, and she appreciated my decorating, we went to downtown Ann Arbor for lunch at the Blue Tractor. The food was good...... and it was so nice to hang out with another couple even if they were more Nicks friends, than "ours".

On our way back to our apartment we drove past the UofM football stadium where the 1st home game was in play.... prior to lunch we got to witness all the partiers, outside on porches, drinking or drunk, dancing disgustingly or playing beer pong! We also stoped in at Katie's mom's apartment to pick up something, then they drove us back to our apartment.

They left, we napped, then we watched TV. The rest of the weekend was slightly boring because Nick worked 3-11 yesterday and today.... I worked on an online resume and looking for new better jobs....... I had the day off of labouring to look for more labour.......Happy Labour Day!!!!

Today, Labour Day, SAU Move-in Day..... one of the saddest days that I've had the last 3 years.... (in attempt to cheer me up I made chocolate chip cookies) I miss SAU more on this specific day than on any other day of the year.... I had such great memories following that day every year! Oooh to still have that atmosphere...... I think that's what we all long for.... someone to share our chocolate cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies with.

1 comment: