Saturday, November 6, 2010

www.quarters&moreQuarters.com

Today I planned out a day of fun for Nick and I.... The last 2 days alone, and I was going stir crazy... so I decided to plan something for us to do. We've lived here in our new location for 8 months now and I feel as though we have a good handle getting to all the places that we would have gone to no matter what city we live in, and a few more that we had heard of but now just lived close to... BUT...we hadn't ventured too much out of our comfort zone.... so in my time of loneliness I did an Internet search for some new things to do. Nick spent the whole morning trying to guess where we were going, he was playing 21 questions... he got the 2nd location quickly because I had mentioned before that I wanted to go there, but he didn't figure out the 1st location until I gave him a hint - which was a roll of quarters.

 I came across Pinball Pete's. It's an arcade in downtown Ann Arbor. It was huge and in a basement! It cost's nothing to go in, and we spend $11.75 (the $10 roll I bought at Wal-mart and the $1.75 Nick found in his winter coat) worth of quarters for 2 hours of fun!

We acted a bit like kids, I didn't feel bad about spending the extra cash on the games, or the racing rides that  they have in malls that always look so fun but are a waste of money, because that is what we went there to do!

My favourite game is the one where you hit the aliens... I grew up playing the one where you hit the alligator's heads, but this one you hit only the green aliens - not the red ones....

We raced in the Dayton 500, we killed zombies (waste of money) we shot at Bucks (Nick got a 16pt. buck... I didn't even know they went that high), we played some pinball of course, killed a centipede, Nick kicked my but in Tetrus ... it was fun and different.....

To start the day out I made from scratch Belgian waffles... yum! And to end the day we played Skip-bo and I won 2 out of 3 games! We also went to the store to get ingredients to make fun/fancy drinks!!!

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a fun day. Hey, I remember playing Skip-Bo with you. It was a favorite to play when travelling, didn't require much space.
    Love Belgian Waffles, you can make some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Alligators and the Wheels too! In Niagara Falls they have an arcade with the almost exact same ones. (: Brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete